If you haven't checked out the offering from our latest poker service partner Insuredplay make sure you take a look at our product review here. It could be the best poker decision you ever make.
Ever been left cursing your luck, your opponents, your computer and your favourite poker site when that miracle two outer hits on the river and you lose a 200bb pot? Ever suffered a day, week, or even a month of bad beats which has left you wondering why you even bother playing? Of course you have - we all have. Well, now you need worry no more about the potentially devastating effects of variance thanks to Insuredplay. Sign up with Insuredplay and you can put your opponent to a decision for all their chips with a cast iron guarantee that you WILL receive the pot equity your hand deserves - it really brings new meaning to the phrase "fold equity". You will also be able to call all in bets with marginal hands knowing what the outcome will be and whether it will be a profitable move to make.
You decide what insurance "cover" you want. If you only want to insure hands in which you have at least 80% equity then so be it, Insuredplay will charge you the remaining 20% to cover you. So in a $100 pot when you have 80% equity, win lose or draw you will receive your expected $80. Insuredplay only charge a neglible commission to take the risk out of your game.
Insuredplay are able to offer this unique service in just the same way any insurer would offer their services - with a large pool of players all using Insuredpay they can guarantee that over time the math will work out and they will break even (+commission). This is a luxury most of us don't have with limited bank rolls. Also, with variance the curse of the competent poker player (especially in PLO, also covered on top sites by Insuredplay) this is a great way to play your optimal game.
Without the fear of getting bad beats you could find your game improving immeasurably as you are able to experiment with +EV plays you may have been afraid to make in the past with the ever present doubts that accompany many of us who have hit a few unlucky bumps in the road.
For a more in depth explanation of how Insuredplay works why not check out their FAQ section here