28 replies to this topic

#1 ihatenits

ihatenits

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Valhonor (2012-03-19) i´ve been playing at stars for about 5 years and never used it. I´m hardly against program using since it ruin the game. But i mostly play omaha and i believe nl is way more a "statistic" based game then omaha. Statistic progrram should be banned :)

agree

#2 Valhonor

Valhonor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

i´ve been playing at stars for about 5 years and never used it. I´m hardly against program using since it ruin the game. But i mostly play omaha and i believe nl is way more a "statistic" based game then omaha. Statistic progrram should be banned :)
great

#3 JAG128

JAG128

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'de never use a program whats the fun in that.

#4 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

HUDS are for CHEATERS! Should be banned from all poker sites.

#5 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • 1098 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Dont know why pokersites allow HUDS, it calculates every action you make and gives everyone your stats.

DEFINITELY CHEATING SOFTWARE. for example, Jungleman would not be jungleman without his hud.

he does whatever his HUD tells him to do. If your playing against Cates and his HUD tells him you fold 85% on the river when he bets then he will BET every time on the river even if he dosent have jack Sh*T. Just an example of how HUDS and all other programs like that are bad for the game. Online Poker should be played without all the cheating software thats out there calculating everything you do.

#6 hatethis

hatethis

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yepp HUD is cheat imo, and if they should allow it, it should ofcourse be a service that pokerstars offers for free.. then all players that wants to play for fun sometimes and dont want to buy a HUD have the same chance.
i am the greatest

#7 trumbo

trumbo

Lord

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

ummm,does everyone need a definition of "cheating"? If it's not against he rules of the site, it can't possibly be cheating.

#8 lexboy

lexboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

the fact is you have to know what your opponent knows about you , and mixed it up

#9 hatethis

hatethis

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Still doesnt change the fact that you get an unfair advantage over players that do not have a HUD, i dont think you could ban HUDs BUT i think that all pokerclients should OFFER their own HUD so all players easy can see all stats they want, even players who just play for fun.

Now it is very unfair for new players and players that just want to have fun 1 time a week, i think a good player should be able to win VS weak players without that advantage but some people just want the easy money fast. I think alot of new players gets intimidated because of this, and they might not want to, or have the time to put much effort in the game, and that should be ok. But like it is now its unfair imo.
i am the greatest

#10 trumbo

trumbo

Lord

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

"Still doesnt change the fact that you get an unfair advantage over players that do not have a HUD"

This is liking saying that thin people have an unfair advantage over fat people, because thin people have a gym membership, or that studying for a test in school gives you an "unfair advantage" over someone who doesn't study.
It is an advantage yes, but it's not unfair as it's available to both players to use.

#11 hatethis

hatethis

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

I dont know who you are talking about. But i actually think its stupid not to have a HUD now days, but i still think it is unfair for new players, unless the pokerclients are the ones who provides the HUD. I ofcourse know that a HUD doesnt make anyone a pro...that is just stupid. Maybe i said it wrong, i do not think players that use HUDs are cheaters, but i think it is really bad when pokerclients doesnt have their own HUD that is free ..i just dont think it is fair for new weaker and the people who just want to have fun. I think that the skill level of the regs should be enough to take their money..but like it is now its even harder.
i am the greatest

#12 woltzey

woltzey

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

WCS064 (2012-07-08) 

REYMARTZ (2012-07-07) Dont know why pokersites allow HUDS, it calculates every action you make and gives everyone your stats.

DEFINITELY CHEATING SOFTWARE. for example, Jungleman would not be jungleman without his hud.

he does whatever his HUD tells him to do. If your playing against Cates and his HUD tells him you fold 85% on the river when he bets then he will BET every time on the river even if he dosent have jack Sh*T. Just an example of how HUDS and all other programs like that are bad for the game. Online Poker should be played without all the cheating software thats out there calculating everything you do.

After reading this quoted post, do you now know who I'm talking about?

He gives a basic example of how someone would use a HUD, says JM does whatever the HUD tells him, more than insinuating that a basic understanding of a HUD is the reason JM has won so much money in poker.

He doesn't explain why he doesn't just do it himself. If I thought I had a simple explanation as to exactly how JM made all his money, I think I'd try to employ the same strategy myself. I guess he's just too good a guy to use an evil HUD.

You said you know using a HUD doesn't make you a pro, so I'm sure you agree with me.

I agree with your points too. I think the sites should provide the HUD's, some are starting to. I also think in general they put weaker and less computer savvy players who don't have the ability to understand one at more of a disadvantage. The rules are the same for all so its not an issue of fairness or cheating, but its another obstacle that might keep people that are weary of internet poker away. I use one but wouldn't care if they abolished them completely, I don't think it would hurt me and I think it would be good for the game. That doesn't mean I agree with all this nonsense about magical HUD's and cheaters.

The people here who are calling people cheaters who use them or saying thats how JM won all his money are just going way to far and proving they don't have any understanding of tracking software.

haha, wcs still crushing with sensible posts. now i only wait for igopoopys expert analysis. just because that should be brilliant humourwise :D

regarding jungleman, it's the same old saying: if it were easy, everybody would do it ;)

#13 iamdanne

iamdanne

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

re-donk-raise-fold (2012-07-07) all you loosing players are obviously gonna criticize hud and other software as u basically don't even bother to understand it, as you're too lazy and ignorant for that .

Hud is nothing else but a one step further to understanding of poker. It basically orders available information, but its still the poker player whose the one to interpret these and make the proper judgement.

But I got the sad news. For all ya loosing pleyas its gonna be no help anyway hahhahhaa

Are you really calling people who don't like HUDs lazy and ignorant? sorry but are YOU f-ing serious?

I got bad new for you sir, you're the ignorant lazy ass motherf_er... And I got to love the people who's like, Hey it's not cheating because everyone can buy the software. But that's like saying hey it's not murder because everyone can do it.

I'm sitting there with 6-8 tables not using cheats, and your sitting there with your god damn tracking software picking up important stats on me and the rest of the players that I'm also trying to take money from. I'm not really worried about YOU , I'm worried about you taking money from other players based on stats that you didn't gain by looking at the tables or the players.

It's cheating and it should be stopped!

#14 honki

honki

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

if you really play 8 tables without a hud u should make a mental check
KARATE

#15 flum-berit

flum-berit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

WCS, to mention one, post sensible posts as always. I am pleasently surprised how much effort you and some others put in. You can't expect very logical and reasonable replies, right..?

I get a few good laughs at many of the other posts, "CHEAT", "BAN THIS SOFTWARE NOW", "ALL SITES ARE RIGGED"..hence it's nice to see that there are a few people here actually thinking themselves and speaking out of experience (hard work), rather than ranting at everything that they don't understand.

And as many other posters do - apologies if any flaws language wise. English is not my first language, and I'm drunk.. õ_Õ

#16 DannyEvans

DannyEvans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

On a tangent, what is the best HUD program for stars. Don't care about cost. Cheers

#17 flum-berit

flum-berit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

DannyEvans (2012-07-20) On a tangent, what is the best HUD program for stars. Don't care about cost. Cheers

I run PT, but I think that it and HEM are both very good.

#18 abyNorman

abyNorman

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Don't have a HUD, do know only what has been said on this forum.

Therefore I know exactly how to use a HUD.

You let your HUD give you advice how to play against an other player who uses a HUD and takes
HUD's recommendations seriously. It will be a nice battle between HUDs!

#19 TheVoiceofReason

TheVoiceofReason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

abyNorman (2012-07-20) Don't have a HUD, do know only what has been said on this forum.

Therefore I know exactly how to use a HUD.

You let your HUD give you advice how to play against an other player who uses a HUD and takes
HUD's recommendations seriously. It will be a nice battle between HUDs!

I think you have misunderstood. The HUD does not give recommendations on play, it provides the player with stats on opponent tendencies. This means that if all players at a table have HUDs then it is a battle of minds as to who can use these stats to their advantage more. The stats can pose a problem for users too because if i suspect someone else has a HUD then i know what they know and can then try to use that against them. Then if he knows that i know he knows... lol. You get the picture.

#20 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • 1098 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

iamdanne (2012-07-20) 

re-donk-raise-fold (2012-07-07) all you loosing players are obviously gonna criticize hud and other software as u basically don't even bother to understand it, as you're too lazy and ignorant for that .

Hud is nothing else but a one step further to understanding of poker. It basically orders available information, but its still the poker player whose the one to interpret these and make the proper judgement.

But I got the sad news. For all ya loosing pleyas its gonna be no help anyway hahhahhaa

Are you really calling people who don't like HUDs lazy and ignorant? sorry but are YOU f-ing serious?

I got bad new for you sir, you're the ignorant lazy ass motherf_er... And I got to love the people who's like, Hey it's not cheating because everyone can buy the software. But that's like saying hey it's not murder because everyone can do it.

I'm sitting there with 6-8 tables not using cheats, and your sitting there with your god damn tracking software picking up important stats on me and the rest of the players that I'm also trying to take money from. I'm not really worried about YOU , I'm worried about you taking money from other players based on stats that you didn't gain by looking at the tables or the players.

It's cheating and it should be stopped!

+111111111111111 PokerStars BANNNN this F*cken cheating software!!!!!!!!!! NOOOWWWW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users