Start ยป Forum

Photo

New online poker room legal in 28 states...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gnu Concepts

Gnu Concepts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

FOR YOU BROKE RAILBIRDS BEGGING FOR STAKES (and those just looking for something new):

New online poker room utilizes a new concept of play in which they claim it eliminates the "gambling" aspect of online poker.

They are currently offering free $5 to the victor of a HU challenge, simply click the link to give it a shot...

https://www.skillbet.com

I have tried it just for kicks and it's definitely different, but if you treat it as a new experience you will likely enjoy yourself as I did.

Give it a shot!

#2 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

hello,

i have just seen the youtube "trailer" of it and it looks interesting, you play against bots, and the challenge is to play better than the other online player.

watch the youtube video and you'll see. only texas holder tho, i like plo :crying:

#3 SawyerSebi

SawyerSebi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Is it for americans only?

#4 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

i hope my friend Isai isn't involved in this project. just to remember who doesn't know it, he has a unlimited never seen before huge 3rd arm.
ty for reading and may you all rest in piece by the gods.

#5 headsupsensei

headsupsensei

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Cool, other people are starting to play on Skillbet. I've been playing for a few weeks and really been trying to figure it out (the software/bot players that is).

1) Fewer worries about the legality. While depositing funds on merge etc is pretty shady feeling the entire time, depositing money on skillbet seemed pretty straight forward. I don't know what this means overall but it seems a lot more legit than giving up my first born like other sites now require.

2) No Lederers or Dukes here! They do have Lacey Jones sponsoring based off the website, that's a plus in my book.

3) The bots seem pretty adaptive overall. They don't just call, it even check raised me a few times. Supposedly there are different bots, some play aggressive, some are tight etc. So the comp will play the hands differently.

4) Small player base. Usually I have to sit around and wait 15 minutes for someone to play me. I think they just launched so its to be expected but as OP stated, you can play for free.

5) Its different. Its definitely different than PP/FTP/UB/Bodog etc but its still fundamentally poker. A lot of hands play out the same way (both players fold, or they raise and everyone mucks etc). But then there is the hands where one player doubles or triples up and the other person mucked preflop. Its kind of interesting.

#6 temp51

temp51

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

the interesting thing is u can deposit on skillbet.com via paypal. as we all know paypal till now does not want to work with the regular poker sites stars, because of legal issues they were careful. so their cooperation with skillbet.com is a very positive development, and also means to play on skillbet.com is legally pretty secure.

#7 temp51

temp51

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

is it possible to sign in from europe? anyone here from europe, who signed in?

#8 pokerjunkie

pokerjunkie

Female Lordess :-)

• Members
  • 2453 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

OMGitsViktor (2012-07-23) i hope my friend Isai isn't involved in this project. just to remember who doesn't know it, he has a unlimited never seen before huge 3rd arm.

How long will it be before you lose at this too, and then google the site owner's name and blame him for your under-rolled tiltdonkfests...? ;) Will his arm be bigger than 'Isai's'....?

The idea of it is amusing though...

Poker without luck...?

It just seems wrong in a way, and right in another.

It's the 'diet Pepsi' of real poker, and linked to facebook, so I'm guessing it's just for fun rather than any real games for any sizeable money.

#9 Gnu Concepts

Gnu Concepts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hi all. The video is a good example of the overall format.

To take advantage of the potential free $5 they are offering to get started, you will simply need to win the challenge at the link provided below :)

https://www.skillbet.com/vs/armyof52

Once you have the $5 in your account, you are then free to play other human opponents as demonstrated in the video.

Good luck!

#10 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

how many people are online?

#11 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

What type of card generator do they use? How many pros play there? Is HOWARD LEDERER or Annie Duke any way associated with this site?

#12 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

SawyerSebi (2012-07-23) Is it for americans only?

here is a demonstration video. looks like it could be blue whale hunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoGQXfIlnJE

edit: i think its worldwide

#13 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

pokerjunkie (2012-07-23) 

OMGitsViktor (2012-07-23) i hope my friend Isai isn't involved in this project. just to remember who doesn't know it, he has a unlimited never seen before huge 3rd arm.

How long will it be before you lose at this too, and then google the site owner's name and blame him for your under-rolled tiltdonkfests...? ;) Will his arm be bigger than 'Isai's'....?

The idea of it is amusing though...

Poker without luck...?

It just seems wrong in a way, and right in another.

It's the 'diet Pepsi' of real poker, and linked to facebook, so I'm guessing it's just for fun rather than any real games for any sizeable money.

woman, is it so hard for you to understand irony? do you really believe that i think isai scheinberg has something to do with this new site? I'm retarded , but not that retarded.

and i have nothing against isai scheinberg, i use it as a basic statement, i only blame myself when i lose in poker, i said that many times here.

anyways, gl and wish you the best.

#14 freeze12

freeze12

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

if you acutally go through with it, please call this number

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwBS9Yofzhw4zTjENbb_0O2X4ISoNqRbsoEhjZtDPcN-j8nwiA

$5 freerolls and its not poker?... cmon now no1's that sick

-Freeze

#15 Gnu Concepts

Gnu Concepts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

freeze12 (2012-07-23) if you acutally go through with it, please call this number

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwBS9Yofzhw4zTjENbb_0O2X4ISoNqRbsoEhjZtDPcN-j8nwiA

$5 freerolls and its not poker?... cmon now no1's that sick

-Freeze

I have 5 figures online (carbon) and I still enjoy playing on this site for a change of scenery.

I have a group YOU might want to consider joining...

Posted Image

lol. :D

Seriously though, this is a pretty fun variation of the game, And since you clearly didn't even try it, you really can't speak on the matter.

#16 Gnu Concepts

Gnu Concepts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

I will also comment on the fact there there is very much still luck involved. Your human opponent may have chosen to fold J7s preflop, while you played it aggressively with a preflop raise and the flop comes J72 rainbow. I have seen bots overcall and/or bluff their entire stacks on boards like this only to to suckout and "get lucky". You played the hand better than your human opponent, but because of the luck involved you end up losing the match.

Try it before you give an educated opinion. :)

The site has given me over $50 free total, for VERY little play involved. Money is money, and I sincerely don't understand how the people here that are broke are going to knock that at ALL.

I also don't understand how people that have healthy rolls are going to dissuade others from even trying to get free money.

#17 headsupsensei

headsupsensei

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

I don't get all the sarcasm. Cheap entertainment and you get to play some poker as opposed to none.

#18 woltzey

woltzey

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

This site only accepts 10 digit phone numbers. Mine has 11 with the country code, 8 without it. So much for trying that site out then :D

Edit. Their live chat said they only accept players from the US and Canada atm. Fair enough.

#19 shakadude

shakadude

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

hi. so anyone know if they really are legal and why? Tired of all the hoops I have to deal with on other sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users