#1 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

http://www.highstakesdb.com/forum/Uploads/Images/2e8b5130-4a24-4ac7-a24a-c459.jpg

Originally Posted by Swedishflower View Post
Hi.
I am going to tell everything about Isildur1. He was Born 1990. his birthday is in Aug.
His real name is Viktor Blom. He lives in Gothenburg Sweden. He move to Gothenburg last year and did buy a apartment there. Before that he did live in in a small town with his mom and dad. he dropped out of school to play poker.

Lets go back couple years.

When he only was 15 years old his older brother Sebastian did learn him to play poker. He started with a friend on Partypoker. He did play only sit& go. He manage to go bankrupt all the time and he did stop playing poker. In DEC 2008 he took all the money he had left about 2000dollar and did but in on bet365 on his new nick "blom90" and manage to go up all the way to 1,9 million dollars in only 3 weeks. From the start everyone wanted do play this new crazy gambler. But after a while he did get some respect. It was only one player he did lose big money to...a danish player called Peter ”Zupp” Jensen. But zupp did not really play against blom90. A Swedish pokerplayer called Robert "gulkines" did. He use zupps poker account and take around 900k dollar. And Blom was nearly broke. But he did put some money in the bank and started do play on "svenska spel" with around 40k kr (about 8000dollar). In the beginning everyone wanted to play him. But his aggressivestyle did made him about 3,6miljon kr.

He took lots of money of 2 Swedish player called "smutsfall " and "Himpan".This in only in 1 month. In Feb 2009 no one wanted to play him so he did return to ipoker and at the same time he started to play in entraction.

On entraction it was one player who had taken his nick. It was Odonkor1 who had take viktor blom nickname on entraction. Blom90 new nick was Zebul_on. He manage to made €10k to over €4million in 4 months. And he took €1,5 millions from the fake blom90 on entraction and did learn him a lesson.

After that no one wanted to play him. When he was playing on ept in April. Some guy did hack his account and manage to win some money from him. But Bet365 did take the money that zupp did win and give it back to Blom. The Danish played did admint that he had cheated against blom90. In Juni he went to Betfair and played there against "gulkines" and manage to win 2m dollar. In Aug he played in wsope with his friend Fredrik "martonas" Andersson. After that he and his buddy did splitt bankrolls and did play on ftp. But they did no success. After that Blom was back on entraction with his new nick. He won about 1,5 million dollar. He made a new account on ftp and called "isildur1". The nick "Isildur" is called from that some years ago he was playing a internet game and isildur1 was he nick there. The rest of story you guys now. Hope this will bring some light to who isildur1 is.

Sorry for my bad English. And please never write Viktors name with C. It is Viktor and not ViCtor. Ty

// SwedishFlower

Source: 2+2

-A nice little read, nothing new. Some knows everything about him others dont.

Post stories and anything Blom news related in this thread.
May the poker gods be with him so he can return to nosebleed and offer the fans what they deserves.

#2 user_error

user_error

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Very cool to hear some fun facts from his earlier life! How do you know Viktor?

#3 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

I dont know him. Just something i found written by someone who knowes him...
There is a cool interview in swedish with him but the intersting part 3 is missing( i think, never found it). That part is suppose to be about how he raised from the ashes in nl600 from a 10Kswe/2K$ deposit and all the way to the top.

#4 RunAwesome

RunAwesome

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Have you got links to parts one and two of that interview then?

#5 trumbo

trumbo

Lord

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Entraction stuff is interesting, didn't know any of it. So according to this he's won minimum 10M$ in the EU sites over the past 4 years. Everybody know he's -2M on old FT and i think over a Million down on stars. I jut find it strange that he would win and then lose back everything, everytime at tilt and stars, and somehow not do this on the EU sites. I dunno.

#6 janni

janni

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

maybe players at stars and fulltilt are better??? and i think on fulltilt he is up 2 mio in NL, not sure about that.....

#7 Fuckingham Palace

Fuckingham Palace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

trumbo (2012-11-08) Entraction stuff is interesting, didn't know any of it. So according to this he's won minimum 10M$ in the EU sites over the past 4 years. Everybody know he's -2M on old FT and i think over a Million down on stars. I jut find it strange that he would win and then lose back everything, everytime at tilt and stars, and somehow not do this on the EU sites. I dunno.

games are not as big as like stars and tilt on europen sites..and lack of good players over there imo..cause there is a huge diff between 2008 and 2012.. now there are lots of very good and tough player on both tilt and stars..so this could be the reason..

#8 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

****ingham Palace (2012-11-08) 

trumbo (2012-11-08) Entraction stuff is interesting, didn't know any of it. So according to this he's won minimum 10M$ in the EU sites over the past 4 years. Everybody know he's -2M on old FT and i think over a Million down on stars. I jut find it strange that he would win and then lose back everything, everytime at tilt and stars, and somehow not do this on the EU sites. I dunno.

games are not as big as like stars and tilt on europen sites..and lack of good players over there imo..cause there is a huge diff between 2008 and 2012.. now there are lots of very good and tough player on both tilt and stars..so this could be the reason..

IMO it's a combination of these factors why he's consistently lost it all back at Stars/Tilt. Games are tougher, Euro sites are softer, he has spent fortunes learning new games at the highest limits and (esp in 2009/10 at FT) the stakes he played could bust anyone who plays such a high variance style.

The single biggest reason I think he didn't maintain his winrate however was that ALL his winnings on the euro sites were won at NLHE. He is the KING of NLHE, the only player to consistently beat Jungleman, yet he chose to switch almost exclusively to PLO and now to limit games. I don't doubt he's a great PLO player now and will improve at the others but his edge in PLO (if and when he has one) isn't huge and his high variance style is a killer, especially at a game with as much variance as PLO.

I've noticed he's been putting in the hours at NLHE back at Full Tilt now - I guarantee if he keeps this up you'll see his roll stack up massively.

#9 ISIrocks

ISIrocks

Lord

• Members
  • 2624 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

[quote]Joytoys (2012-11-08) [quote]
I've noticed he's been putting in the hours at NLHE back at Full Tilt now - I guarantee if he keeps this up you'll see his roll stack up massively.[/quote]

Good 2 see that indeed.. But because he likes PLO so much it's also a little strange he shifts back 2 NLHE...

Is it possible his contract tells him to do so?

Hope he'll build a solid roll the coming days to take on durrrr at NLHE as soon as he returns online :)!

Oh and btw Joytoys... U know why i can't click the list of tables (behind a players name) in livesection (the overview of how much profit made on which table)?

#10 HelmutCool

HelmutCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Bit weird that he supposed to win 5,5 million on entraction. Only about 5-7 guys only has won that much on fulltilt and none at pokerstars.
And those two are the "biggest" sites running, with the most players.
And 4 million in only 4 months.
The game shoulda been bloody big to win so much so quick. Have to doubt those figures, concidering no-one ever reported huge ringgames at the site.

#11 ISIrocks

ISIrocks

Lord

• Members
  • 2624 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

HelmutCool (2012-11-08) Bit weird that he supposed to win 5,5 million on entraction. Only about 5-7 guys only has won that much on fulltilt and none at pokerstars.
The game shoulda been bloody big to win so much so quick. Have to doubt those figures, concidering no-one ever reported huge ringgames at the site.

4 months, 120 days, so 33k win per day and u got 4 million, so it IS possible... Game doesnt need to be that big.

#12 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

RunAwesome (2012-11-08) Have you got links to parts one and two of that interview then?

Are you swedish or norwegian? Seach for bank the man and blom 90...I cant find it right now but fare as i remember i used to find in using those tags. But i found something even more interesting imo now at Oscar Silows blog. Its a old blog from 2009 and he is talking about Blom90`s blogg :w00t: . Anyone know anything about this? oscars mention in his blog how Blom90 bloggs (lol) about how he dreams about poker, and the regret he has the next morning after a huge loss, and the anger he feels...

Should be some cool stuff to digg up from swedish forums i guess.

#13 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

[quote]ISIrocks (2012-11-08) [quote]Joytoys (2012-11-08) [quote]
I've noticed he's been putting in the hours at NLHE back at Full Tilt now - I guarantee if he keeps this up you'll see his roll stack up massively.[/quote]

Good 2 see that indeed.. But because he likes PLO so much it's also a little strange he shifts back 2 NLHE...

Hope he'll build a solid roll the coming days to take on durrrr at NLHE as soon as he returns online :)!

Oh and btw Joytoys... U know why i can't click the list of tables (behind a players name) in livesection (the overview of how much profit made on which table)?[/quote]

Yep, that technical issue should be resolved very shortly.

#14 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

ISIrocks (2012-11-08) 

HelmutCool (2012-11-08) Bit weird that he supposed to win 5,5 million on entraction. Only about 5-7 guys only has won that much on fulltilt and none at pokerstars.

4 months, 120 days, so 33k win per day and u got 4 million, so it IS possible... Game doesnt need to be that big.

For sure possible rememeber this was back when bumhunting was new to this world. Back in 2008 everyone played anyone on eurosites...And action wouldent run 24/7 so he dident get the chance to play for 30h+ tilting it away. Read: Everyone wanted to play him. Also he played NL, i have my doubts about how good he is in PLO hard to tell from the rail, and i dont personaly know much about it just from a holdem perspectiv :P . But in NLHU he is a beast no1 can take that from him.

#15 Requiescat In Pace

Requiescat In Pace

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

The reason why i signed up on this page was because i had both part one and two in swedish. I did translate them and posted them here.

The thread caught alot of attention, and some pokernews sites did brought the story that we posted here.

If Mr.Lol hasnt deleted the old thread (i think it was my first) then you could read it all there.

Part 3 was never really realeased as i understood. The part 3 that ended up being "released" was a "official" interview with Blom, after the revealing of him being Isildur1.

The post from SwedishFlower was romoured to be from Blom himself or someone very close to him.

#16 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Requiescat In Pace (2012-11-08) The reason why i signed up on this page was because i had both part one and two in swedish. I did translate them and posted them here.

The thread caught alot of attention, and some pokernews sites did brought the story that we posted here.

If Mr.Lol hasnt deleted the old thread (i think it was my first) then you could read it all there.

Part 3 was never really realeased as i understood. The part 3 that ended up being "released" was a "official" interview with Blom, after the revealing of him being Isildur1.

The post from SwedishFlower was romoured to be from Blom himself or someone very close to him.

Remember i used google and stumble over that post of yours ages ago now that you mention it...

Know anything about the blogg he had back in the days? It should involve some juicy stuff not many of us has read before.

#17 Requiescat In Pace

Requiescat In Pace

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

GrimTard (2012-11-08) 

Requiescat In Pace (2012-11-08) The reason why i signed up on this page was because i had both part one and two in swedish. I did translate them and posted them here.

Remember i used google and stumble over that post of yours ages ago now that you mention it...

Know anything about the blogg he had back in the days? It should involve some juicy stuff not many of us has read before.

Hmm im not sure about the blog. It was a bit weird with all the Blom interviews and infos. It was like it was all regulated by BankTheMan. And i remember BankTheMan threaned the forum users by not providing more info and interviews if they share it with others or something like that (cant remember exactly) just found it a bit shady.

But if their exists a blog of Blom then that would be awesome to read. In the interviews i did translate, it does describe how he felt after losing all his money. Then he worked in a supermarket or something like that and saved up 2K USD and ran it up to 2million USD i think.

I dont remember that much. If the mods or Mr.Lol ses these posts, then it would be nice to know if they have my old thread, there is a lot of details in those two interviews

#18 GrimTard

GrimTard

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationCassablanca

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yeah...but fare as i rememeber from that interview he dident work. He gave himself 3 options:start showing up at school, get a job move back home with his parents or 3 play poker.

Anyway iam sure your thread can be found with a little reasearch.

Finding that old blog is not gonna be easy. Got no clue what to search for, and it can be in any swedish poker forum or bloggsite.

Fingers crossed!

#19 doylesh

doylesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

From 2+2, date: 11-10-2009

"
Originally Posted by snakekilla88 View Post
word. at first I had my doubts, but given that he seems to have improved at such a massive rate it should not be all that suprising. I also agree that the chat matches...with the smiley faces. Especially given that he is from sweden. Anyways, I now have just a whole new level of respect for this guy.

Guess I will tell my blom story.....

I remember talking to some of my poker friends about how this one guy (zebul_on) was able to rape very hard. He would play very loose and just seemed to constantly be making bank (from railing his games and looking at the leaderboard). It felt like he was making like 300k every week or 1 million every month. I saw him playing 6 tables of 100/200 HU and he literally would be playing insane and always ended up with the opponents chip at the end of the match.

So given that I said that, I decided to play him at 25/50 (lowest he would ever sit), for a learning experience. I ran well and he just seemed to never believe me (was a station and would 4bet/get it in way to light). I was able to take like 10-12 buyins off him (+50ish) in very few hands by getting it in good nonstop. After the match I was able to snag his MSN (which was later hacked), because even though I raped him I still considered him a god because he seemed to always make bank.

He told me on msn he was blom90 and to not tell anyone. I didnt really mean anything to me at the time, except that he was vvv rich from this site with his style. I asked if I could sometime sweat some of his matches, and I think he said maybe. He eventually sat at my 5knl tables again and I was defenitely going to give him a second chance to win his money back.

As we played more and more it was like he was in a whole new league. He defenitely ran very well EV wise. Yet, he was also floating/bluffing me at perfect times. He just always had excellent reads when I was bluffing and he incorporated overbetting in spots where I never really was sure what to do. He eventually became a nightmare postflop and at the end I probably had a -150k USD swing at 25/50 HU (30 buyins, WHAT!). I managed to play a lot of hands against him, and even though I felt like he ran godly, I probably got outplayed way more then I thought. I even got some coaching (which def. helped) to try and learn how to beat him because I was so frustrated but at the end of the day I was just outmatched.

Even though I got raped, it was still a great lesson....that some one can manage to play a style that I cant understand yet still be amazing at poker. It really just gives me a new respect for winning 50/100+ HU players who have to compete with the likes of blom90. You guys are truly doing something special and are all very intelligent.

/story + rant."

#20 ISIrocks

ISIrocks

Lord

• Members
  • 2624 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

[quote]Joytoys (2012-11-08) [quote]ISIrocks (2012-11-08) [quote]Joytoys (2012-11-08) [quote]

Oh and btw Joytoys... U know why i can't click the list of tables (behind a players name) in livesection (the overview of how much profit made on which table)?[/quote]

Yep, that technical issue should be resolved very shortly.[/quote]

Yeah it's fixed, thanks :)!

LOL at pic added to openingpost :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users