3 replies to this topic

#1 timface

timface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

This has got to be one of the worst launches for one of the most highly anticipated events in online poker history. I mean, they sign 3 of the biggest names in poker and so far this launch has been an absolute bust. Gus has logged like 8 hours of play... Isildur is already bust and Durr hasn't even played on the site yet. You'd think that they'd coordinate with their signed high stakes players a date where they can fully launch the site on good terms. I mean, I was expecting something monumental... this is just a joke so far. Nobody is playing on the site. I realize that eventually things will get going (especially when they figure out what's going on in the US) but come on... they could/should have done a WAY better job at making this launch a lot more successful.

#2 Icccfold

Icccfold

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

yes, things could have been done better with more time. But, they didn't have any. 6th November was the cutoff date allocated by the DOJ.

------------------------------------------------

Lol.....You called with that? Ship it.

------------------------------------------------

#3 timface

timface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Icccfold (2012-11-10) yes, things could have been done better with more time. But, they didn't have any. 6th November was the cutoff date allocated by the DOJ.

They had months to plan this thing. They didn't need to engineer any any softeware for the relaunch. They literally took the old FTP and re-opened it for use again. They had "The Professionals" hired for months before the site was set to open. Dwan, Hasen and Blom should have all been there for the exact opening playing highstakes. They should have all been staked to last an entire week straight of online gambling at the highest stakes. This relaunch was nothing but a negative thing for the world of poker. They wanted to bring people to the site... the majority of people rail those HS games.

#4 ThinkTwice

ThinkTwice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

timface (2012-11-10) This has got to be one of the worst launches for one of the most highly anticipated events in online poker history. I mean, they sign 3 of the biggest names in poker and so far this launch has been an absolute bust. Gus has logged like 8 hours of play... Isildur is already bust and Durr hasn't even played on the site yet. You'd think that they'd coordinate with their signed high stakes players a date where they can fully launch the site on good terms. I mean, I was expecting something monumental... this is just a joke so far. Nobody is playing on the site. I realize that eventually things will get going (especially when they figure out what's going on in the US) but come on... they could/should have done a WAY better job at making this launch a lot more successful.

+ 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users