17 replies to this topic

#1 timface

timface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

You see.. signing Gus and Dwan was very intellegent. They both have millions of dollars and can ALWAYS play at the highest stakes on the site.

Signing Isildur was stupid. He has no money and no BR and busts faster than he gets money in his account.

#2 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

lol people just making new posts just so they can randomly speak whatever is on their mind..

If MODS don't close posts like this people will just keep making random posts of the dumbest SH*t that comes up on their mind and clog up the forum with BS

#3 nodrugs4u

nodrugs4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Guys please think about it... we are all pretty pathetic. We are broke and we come here on this forum to say something about poker and feel like we actually did something (i put myself in to because even though i don't post like crazy, I check this site a lot). Thing is the nature of this site is such that 2 categories of people are gonna visit. The highstakes pros to see how opponents are doing and the pathetic railbirds. Guess which category is gonna post on the forums. We really are pathetic visiting a site and sweating how many millions some millionaires win or lose. We are no different than Bieber girls in or obsession. As long as a forum in HSDB exists it is doomed to have stupid post because of the nature of the people it attracts.

#4 CoolHand

CoolHand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

nodrugs4u (2012-11-14) Guys please think about it... we are all pretty pathetic. We are broke and we come here on this forum to say something about poker and feel like we actually did something (i put myself in to because even though i don't post like crazy, I check this site a lot). Thing is the nature of this site is such that 2 categories of people are gonna visit. The highstakes pros to see how opponents are doing and the pathetic railbirds. Guess which category is gonna post on the forums. We really are pathetic visiting a site and sweating how many millions some millionaires win or lose. We are no different than Bieber girls in or obsession. As long as a forum in HSDB exists it is doomed to have stupid post because of the nature of the people it attracts.

I wouldn't over-generalize this forum. Yes there are a lot of railbirds, but not all railbirds are wannabe poker players. A lot just enjoy keeping up on the latest poker news and like to discuss strategy and anything else poker related. Also, there are guys like me who enjoy checking in and reading/writing posts. I'm a middle of the road 100-200k a year part time poker player, and I really enjoy talking with other players, discussing strategy, and checking in on the huge hands of the day. Yes, I wade through the stupid posts a lot, but there is a lot of good stuff on the site too, some of which come from the worst/brokest poker players on the planet!

#5 Darby88

Darby88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

CoolHand (2012-11-14) 

nodrugs4u (2012-11-14) Guys please think about it... we are all pretty pathetic. We are broke and we come here on this forum to say something about poker and feel like we actually did something (i put myself in to because even though i don't post like crazy, I check this site a lot). Thing is the nature of this site is such that 2 categories of people are gonna visit. The highstakes pros to see how opponents are doing and the pathetic railbirds. Guess which category is gonna post on the forums. We really are pathetic visiting a site and sweating how many millions some millionaires win or lose. We are no different than Bieber girls in or obsession. As long as a forum in HSDB exists it is doomed to have stupid post because of the nature of the people it attracts.

I wouldn't over-generalize this forum. Yes there are a lot of railbirds, but not all railbirds are wannabe poker players. A lot just enjoy keeping up on the latest poker news and like to discuss strategy and anything else poker related. Also, there are guys like me who enjoy checking in and reading/writing posts. I'm a middle of the road 100-200k a year part time poker player, and I really enjoy talking with other players, discussing strategy, and checking in on the huge hands of the day. Yes, I wade through the stupid posts a lot, but there is a lot of good stuff on the site too, some of which come from the worst/brokest poker players on the planet!

middle of the road? how many players do you think are making 100-200k a year? do you play online? or are you a live player? whats your user id?

#6 denis x007x

denis x007x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

relax with the generalization

im not a pro but i enjoy railing whenever i got time also checking hands and latest poker news especially if it affects me

just cuz u broke dont make u pathetic so dont be so hard on yourself

i couldnt care less how many millions they win/lose but u do have a point when it comes to posters stalking/obsessing its just creepy

#7 SOepic1

SOepic1

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

timface (2012-11-14) You see.. signing Gus and Dwan was very intellegent. They both have millions of dollars and can ALWAYS play at the highest stakes on the site.

Signing Isildur was stupid. He has no money and no BR and busts faster than he gets money in his account.

Isildur probably brings more traffic to FTP than Dwan and Gus put together. Idiot.

#8 lofigr

lofigr

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I would introduce negative points for the people that do next:

- use words like idiot/stupid/moron/imbecil/retard ( in context of saying this for another forum member/guest or even player)

- create spam threads/loop threads ( Isildur drinks rose hip tea while playing pkr, Isildur bought on market square 1kg plums for jam , bungabunga69xxx back playing ) and similar

- are not polite and tend to offend other people and categorize them ( similar to 1st rule, but not quite same)

- ....other ....

Thanks.

#9 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4016 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

REYMARTZ (2012-11-14) lol people just making new posts just so they can randomly speak whatever is on their mind..

If MODS don't close posts like this people will just keep making random posts of the dumbest SH*t that comes up on their mind and clog up the forum with BS

REYMARTZ - we're not going to close threads like this just because you consider them dumb. A forum is a place where people can speak their mind - that's the whole point. If the post isn't offensive or obviously trolling then there shouldn't be a problem.

It's quite simple - if you don't like the thread then ignore it - by posting in it you're just helping to extend its life.

#10 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4016 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

FWIW I have to agree with SOepic - Isildur1 was an obvious sign up for FT. He brings more people to any site he plays then any other online pro by an absolute mile. He also creates more action than anyone else, has bigger swings and plays more hands than pretty much any other highstakes player.

If you think signing him was stupid I strongly suggest you don't take up a career in marketing.

#11 babbage

babbage

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I have to agree with op(i don't think it was a stupid idea). Sure isldur1 is bringing in the numbers(never dispute that), but at least roll him properly to represent your brand. Because frankly, watching him lose his whole roll again and again can not be in the brands best interests long term....just my 2 cents

#12 SOepic1

SOepic1

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

babbage (2012-11-14) I have to agree with op. sure isldur1 is bringing in the numbers(never dispute that), but at least roll him properly to represent your brand. Because frankly, watching him lose his whole roll again and again can not be in the brands best interests long term....just my 2 cents

It's a business... end of story. Isildur1 makes them money.

#13 fisher1414

fisher1414

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

babbage (2012-11-14) I have to agree with op. sure isldur1 is bringing in the numbers(never dispute that), but at least roll him properly to represent your brand. Because frankly, watching him lose his whole roll again and again can not be in the brands best interests long term....just my 2 cents

I think that isildur is a necessary addition to the brand although id imagine they would make more then there money back if they rolled isildur properly

Having rolled him like a million for the grand opening and only letting him play up to 200/400 unless he was playing with personal profits, and not letting him play above 100/200 PLO unless it was HU or something would probably be a good way for him to create a ton of action and railing, without busting his roll in 20 minutes

#14 I Be Bluffin 20

I Be Bluffin 20

Bum

• Members
  • 1948 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

ya give him 2mil FTP

#15 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4016 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm sure FT know what they're doing. They know Isildur will never be away from the nosebleeds for long. He can build a bankroll quicker than pretty much anyone when he gets a bit of momentum. I don't think throwing him millions of dollars would be a great idea.

His losses won't impact on the brand at all. At one point Gus Hansen was down over $9 million at Full Tilt yet he still brought action, railers and $$$ to FT.

Blom's always going to have a bankroll and he's always going to generate traffic. That's what FT want - I'm sure they might prefer it if he won more than he lost but I guarantee they're going to be happy with him. Other than davin77 he's logged more highstakes hands on Full Tilt than anyone else since it reopened and all you need to do to see if he's generating interest is look on any one of the poker forums and how much discussion he creates.

It's all good for FT, trust me.

#16 ISIrocks

ISIrocks

Lord

• Members
  • 2628 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Joytoys (2012-11-14) 

REYMARTZ (2012-11-14) lol people just making new posts just so they can randomly speak whatever is on their mind..

REYMARTZ - we're not going to close threads like this just because you consider them dumb. A forum is a place where people can speak their mind - that's the whole point. If the post isn't offensive or obviously trolling then there shouldn't be a problem.

It's quite simple - if you don't like the thread then ignore it - by posting in it you're just helping to extend its life.

I have to agree for most of REYMARTZ post...

It's ridiculous how everyone just randomly opens new topics about stuff which is already talked about in other topics.

I agree a forum is to discuss stuff, but opening a new topic for everything on your mind is pretty much unnecessary and doesnt help to keep the forum clean as well.

It can be the brands best interest....

Isi brings an X amount of traffic to the site....

Isi costs an Y amount of money each month to let him play...

As long as X provides more money than Y costs... Its pretty much the brands (companies) best interest.

#17 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4016 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

ISIrocks - you're entitled to your opinion of course, this is a forum after all :)

BUT - we're NOT going to close this thread just because you feel this way.

I'm not actually sure why you want this thread closed anyhow - you actually contributed to it in a positive way at the end of your post! Personally I think a discussion discussing the merits of the Full Tilt professionals is a fair enough one, even if I totally disagree with OP's opinion.

#18 ISIrocks

ISIrocks

Lord

• Members
  • 2628 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Joytoys (2012-11-14) ISIrocks - you're entitled to your opinion of course, this is a forum after all :)

BUT - we're NOT going to close this thread just because you feel this way.

I'm not actually sure why you want this thread closed anyhow - you actually contributed to it in a positive way at the end of your post! Personally I think a discussion discussing the merits of the Full Tilt professionals is a fair enough one, even if I totally disagree with OP's opinion.

I think i said i agreed to most of REYMARTZ's post, i was talking more in general, a lot of subjects of new topics can be discussed in already excisting topics imo, that's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users