• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheHood21

TheHood21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have started playing micro stakes plo mainly 5c / 10c and I have won a few bucks lost a few bucks, but I want to get better at it. Can anyone recommend a decent training sites or offer me a few tips on how I can crush these levels and move up the limits?

The main thing I would like to know is if I am in mid position with a hand like j,9,A,Q and there is a raise in front of me I call or even re-raise and totally whiff at the flop what do I do if the original raiser bets out?

if i fold i feel i am just bleeding chips by calling in the first place and if I raise and then get called or re-raised then I have donked off chips...

Any help would be appreciated

cheers
don't walk on the darkside

#2 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like your still learning PLO and your not comfortable playing it. There are some good videos on youtube from different players that you can learn good stradegy from. The best knowledge you can also get is from your own research & study.

For example go on google and research stuff like the best starting hands in PLO, Also good learning comes from railing the higher stakes games online. You can go back and re-play hands that were played and make your own terminology of how the hand was played.

You can approach PLO in many different ways in different sittuations. J,A,9,Q is a good starting hand, better if your suited or double suited. Position in poker is also very important to determine which hands you play in different spots. So J,A,9,Q in early position is nice to have but if your in late position and you have been 3 or 4 betted then you have a decision to make. Go with your gut and feeling of how the table and players are playing to help you decide wether to call, fold, or SHIPT IT!! lol

just my 2 cents, just my 2 cents... There are many approaches to this wonderful game of poker, i would have to charge this poker community if i go into more detail... haha

good luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users