Start ยป Forum

Photo

Most interesting and profitable alternative poker game ( other than NLHE and PLO)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meDo4Life

meDo4Life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Hi guys, I hope i post this in the right place cuz this is my first post, however I fall in love with that site in last couple of weeks and I hope you guys can help me.
The thing is I am a pretty good PLO player but I want to try something different.( I hate Holdem:))! So i want to give myself a challenge to put all my time in the next week in studying some alternative poker variation. Then I want to test my theoretical knowledge in practice, starting at the lowest limit. However my starting bankroll will be only 50$. I can afford bigger bankroll but I want to see if I am able to build again a decent bankroll in a game (like I did 3 years ago when I start playing poker) that is not called PLO. I am really not farmiliar with any other games so I would really aprecciate any suggestions!!!!

Thank you:)

#2 ultimatefelt

ultimatefelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

you could try Omaha eight or better also known as high/lo. if you're a solid PLO player you would feel right at home, but its still its own game, thus very difficult to become great at. playing a $50 bankroll, you wouldn't be able to play limit (rake eats up all profit at micro stakes) but the PL variety is very fun.

#3 nagli187

nagli187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

2-7td is fun action game if that is what u are looking for both pl and fl.I mostly play plo but if im in a mood to change games i go for 2-7tdfl usually or sometimes omaha08 fl.
2-7 can been beat rather ez in the micros but there is still a high variance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users