• 892 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

#4 Pokern1nja

Pokern1nja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I was enjoying this premier league, but these last heats are just farcical. Having a tournament structure where its 'mathematically correct' to fold aces or kings preflop is just not fun to watch and not good for tv. Neither is it fun to watch that just open shoving everyhand is considered a good strategy.

They need to change the whole structure of this thing to avoid these situations, because these shows wont attract new players to fall in love with poker - just like high stakes poker did.

#5 thatscrazzzy666

thatscrazzzy666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Pokern1nja (2012-11-20) I was enjoying this premier league, but these last heats are just farcical. Having a tournament structure where its 'mathematically correct' to fold aces or kings preflop is just not fun to watch and not good for tv. Neither is it fun to watch that just open shoving everyhand is considered a good strategy.

They need to change the whole structure of this thing to avoid these situations, because these shows wont attract new players to fall in love with poker - just like high stakes poker did.

Why don't you explain to us what changes you would make to a league format tournament so it wouldn't be correct to fold AA pre in certain situations. You are aware that only the finale heat people are folding A's pre

If i was going to change one thing it would be get rid of mike sexton commentating, he hasn't got a clue what the players are doing or why.

#6 Pokern1nja

Pokern1nja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hmm not sure, I don't think the league format works well, better to have winner takes all heats to create more action, and second chance heats or something. I kinda agree about mike sexton, he is a good enthusiastic commentator, but sometimes doesn't have much clue what's going on

#7 thatscrazzzy666

thatscrazzzy666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Pokern1nja (2012-11-20) Hmm not sure, I don't think the league format works well, better to have winner takes all heats to create more action, and second chance heats or something. I kinda agree about mike sexton, he is a good enthusiastic commentator, but sometimes doesn't have much clue what's going on

What your suggesting does sound exciting but it dosn't work with a league format, it sounds more like a knockout tournament with back door possibilities, i@m pretty sure you you would need min of 32 players for a knockout tournament to work and that would have much fewer recognizable faces and less tv time for the "stars" of the game to showcase their skills and attract a fresh audience.

#8 fairyland

fairyland

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Without saying who it is. The win was very well deserved because this player really has the skills, he almost never make a mistake. And btw if Phil Laak had his skills Laak would be unbeatable. And I agree about Sexton f.e. he seems to always miss the 2 way straightdraw.

#9 Stonecoldz

Stonecoldz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Mike Sexton is a moron, no doubt about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users