• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pokeri77

Pokeri77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

i've played poker for like 6-7 years now and everytime i get a decent bankroll i start playing way too high stakes, withdraw and gamble, or withdraw and drink .my money away. And this is getting too ****ing sick now. So i heard writing somekind of a blog might help me controlling my bankroll. My comfort-zone is mainly in turbos. 1,5$-35$ sit and go's, and 1$-20$ in tournaments, 10-25 tables at once. No cash games. Never. Again. I play at pokerstars and i'll start from the 1,5$ sit and go's. I'm open for any bankroll control suggestions, or any other suggestions really.

BR: 50$

#2 WELK

WELK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

so u r asking for advice how not to be stupid??? heres one: dont be stupid....case closed

#3 REYMARTZ

REYMARTZ

@REYMARTZ1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Sounds like a personal problem

#4 NOOSEBLEEDS

NOOSEBLEEDS

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

i sugest using at least 40 buyins but if you are planning to play 10-25 tables at once.Then 80 buyins is what i recomend.

#5 freeze12

freeze12

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Play Tourneys.

If you tilt from variance and start playing higher maybe quit playing, or start playing sng or tourneys.

Unforunatly being good at poker might be one of the most irrelevant skills needed to be a winning grinder.

-Freeze

#6 lofigr

lofigr

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

quit playing poker, just rail.....

#7 GAV999

GAV999

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Use the self imposed limit restrictions on stars then you can control your bankroll even if you are on tilt!!

#8 OMGitsViktor

OMGitsViktor

Lord

• Members
  • 2401 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

lofigr (2012-11-20) quit playing poker, just rail.....

hehheehe

#9 denis x007x

denis x007x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Pokeri77 (2012-11-20) i've played poker for like 6-7 years now and everytime i get a decent bankroll i start playing way too high stakes, withdraw and gamble, or withdraw and drink .my money away. And this is getting too ****ing sick now. So i heard writing somekind of a blog might help me controlling my bankroll. My comfort-zone is mainly in turbos. 1,5$-35$ sit and go's, and 1$-20$ in tournaments, 10-25 tables at once. No cash games. Never. Again. I play at pokerstars and i'll start from the 1,5$ sit and go's. I'm open for any bankroll control suggestions, or any other suggestions really.

BR: 50$

to win u must first lose to learn from ur mistakes and it seems u already know ur mistakes so the question is why do u keep making the same mistakes

once u figure that out u will never lose again

gl young jedi

#10 LostSam

LostSam

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

The best way is the suggestion made earlier. Just put a limit on your tournament buy in amount. Then it's done. If you're already playing max tables and winning, it's not like you can play more and lose the money.

It depends what you want. if you're in it to have fun, do anything you like. who cares, it's fun! If you want to make money, you probably need to re-evaluate your life... no one who is rich takes all their profits and drinks it and parties it away. You'll probably have to make life changes if you want to be successful.

#11 trumbo

trumbo

Lord

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Countdown to follow up post like this, "got aces cracked , went on tilt... sat 2/4 with whole bankroll and lost everything. guaranteed.

#12 NastyMcStackey

NastyMcStackey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

get off the booze... and realize no matter how many hands and how many tables you play... you cant win agaist yourself... oh, and a big thing to remember (tape a stickie note on your monitor) is "sometimes/most of the times... you can make more money by NOT playing" so when you do go on tilt and start losing less than 50% of your games and making stupid mistakes you need to understand your head is not in "money making mode" and take a break... now how long of a break depends on you... but i know its VERY hard to lose a few buy ins and walk away a loser... theres the false hope we call tilt... sometimes you gotta watch a tv show, or movie... maybe work out, maybe wack one out... whatever it is, just know that your head is not in the right place...

this takes ALL the thrill and fun out of the game... and you turn into a nit... this is why i dont really play no more...

#13 MikaelT

MikaelT

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

One way of doing it is letting someone else control your finances and money so you cant go off spending it on stupid things, that person could also make sure you are putting in the hours that you play poker everyday and week etc.. maybe a relative can help you with this. Another thing you can try to increase is your responsibility towards your job(poker!) and also be willing to discipline yourself. Another thing that could be the problem is that people around you might be against poker in one way or another and you might be influenced by this, so look around and see if anyone around you is against poker or against you playing poker, if you find someone confront them on the subject of poker.

#14 Mr...uk

Mr...uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I think your anwer is in the question to be honest! Your multitabling lower limits, getting a decent roll and blowing it on higher limits!! Forget withdrawing/drinking etc for a minute because that is profits.

When you start multi tabling higher limits your getting exploited. A HUD could be helpfull to you there.

With 50 dollars simply find your most profitable game and play that and that only with such a small roll.

Once you have built your roll have a rethink.

#15 money_1

money_1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

i suffered from the exact same problems and used the deposit limits to combat it,banned myself from omaha,set sng limit to $30 and set mtt limit to $109 i feel this really helps,, normally when i tilt move up the stakes and quickly busto am having to deposit time after time but setting the deposit limits and knowing my level am finding i always have a roll to play with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users