Start ยป Forum

Photo

How much would an HS reg pay to have one of Guy Lalibertes old accounts?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ultimatefelt

ultimatefelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

i was looking at some of guy lalibertes old accounts (notamia, ladymarmelade) and was thinking how much value a good player would get from using one of these accounts They would have worse players lining up to get into games with them, and even if they were crushing it, the people they were playing against would probably just think they were running good. This edge would obv be best exploited HU. To someone like jungleman or kanu (they obviously would never do something this scummy) the account would probably be worth 300k, maybe more.

#2 dtp92

dtp92

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

ultimatefelt (2012-11-21) i was looking at some of guy lalibertes old accounts (notamia, ladymarmelade) and was thinking how much value a good player would get from using one of these accounts They would have worse players lining up to get into games with them, and even if they were crushing it, the people they were playing against would probably just think they were running good. This edge would obv be best exploited HU. To someone like jungleman or kanu (they obviously would never do something this scummy) the account would probably be worth 300k, maybe more.

A lot of the top HS pros have good reputations and wouldn't multi-account ... e.g. Sauce, Jungleman, Galfond, Jeans, Kanu, Ilari to name a few. There are a few who have been questioned extensively such as Justin Bonomo and most recently Jared Bleznick who is rumoured to be playing on three accounts on Stars.

Guy's old accounts are not as valuable as you would think imo as pros will easily find out by style of play that someone else is playing on it - the value of the account depends on the size of the games the person who buys the account can play and his standard +EV. I mean the player at the moment who would probs get most benefit is Sauce who plays anyone at any stakes in NLHE and PLO and rarely gets much HU action.

#3 thrillseeker

thrillseeker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

there's obviously no price guy would accept anyway.

#4 ultimatefelt

ultimatefelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

thrillseeker (2012-11-21) there's obviously no price guy would accept anyway.

well obviously, but given how much the online players fuked him over with all the equity chopping BS, i wouldnt blame him for letting someone skin a few regs.

#5 RunAwesome

RunAwesome

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

ultimatefelt (2012-11-21) and even if they were crushing it, the people they were playing against would probably just think they were running good.

If it was heads up, I don't think any of the high-stakes HU regs would be naive or stupid enough to think that he was just running well while he was playing them. They would clearly be able to see by the player's action that it was actually someone very good, and not Guy.

#6 fisher1414

fisher1414

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

OP is clearly asking what the account would be worth

Lets say it only got 5k hands of action before people realized it wasnt him

If Sauce got 5k hands worth of action vs the players that would play 200/400 vs Zypherin he could probably make $250k-500k, and even past these 5k hands he would still get better action then usual

I would say that if Sauce123 in all legitimacy was able to buy Zypherins account from him he would likely be willing to pay most definetly $250k and maybe up to $500k or more

#7 CrushedByYou

CrushedByYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

fisher1414 (2012-11-21) OP is clearly asking what the account would be worth

If Sauce got 5k hands worth of action vs the players that would play 200/400 vs Zypherin he could probably make $250k-500k, and even past these 5k hands he would still get better action then usual

I would say that if Sauce123 in all legitimacy was able to buy Zypherins account from him he would likely be willing to pay most definetly $250k and maybe up to $500k or more

Do you really think it would take 5k hands for a world class player to separate another world class player from a totally mega fish HU? Really?

First really thin value bet he would wonder.
Second time he would get suspicious.
Third time he would ask a friend high stakes player what he thought...

#8 fisher1414

fisher1414

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

CrushedByYou (2012-11-21) 

Do you really think it would take 5k hands for a world class player to separate another world class player from a totally mega fish HU? Really?

One of these guys could play 5k hands in a session/day all im saying is one day with that account could be extremely profitable

It would take anyone over a day to determine if somebody was a pro

Its not like zypherin has never had a winning session before

#9 CrushedByYou

CrushedByYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

fisher1414 (2012-11-21) 

One of these guys could play 5k hands in a session/day all im saying is one day with that account could be extremely profitable

You may be right about it would be profitable, but I still think you are way way off.

250k-500k on a 200-400 table for 5k hand is 600-1250bb, that is 12.5-25 bb/100.

If the account should be worth this amount, the player buying it has to have that edge on average against the other player. I don't think many (if any) of the players got that kind of an edge against any other pros.

Another thing. If you play another player HU, you don't rate his skills by the amount he win/lose, you rate his skill on the level of his play.

I may be off, but I find it really hard to believe that a top player would need several k of hands to determine if it is Jungleman or Gay who plays.

#10 fisher1414

fisher1414

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

fisher1414 (2012-11-21) 

You may be right about it would be profitable, but I still think you are way way off.

250k-500k on a 200-400 table for 5k hand is 600-1250bb, that is 12.5-25 bb/100.

If the account should be worth this amount, the player buying it has to have that edge on average against the other player. I don't think many (if any) of the players got that kind of an edge against any other pros.

Another thing. If you play another player HU, you don't rate his skills by the amount he win/lose, you rate his skill on the level of his play.

I may be off, but I find it really hard to believe that a top player would need several k of hands to determine if it is Jungleman or Gay who plays.

I was more thinking about 6max not HU

I bet Sauce would get some nice 200/400 PLO action playing as Zypherin, and hed probably get 6max action for a while

#11 soso1111

soso1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

They would need about hundred hands max lol. And this is the fact, just saying.

#12 fisher1414

fisher1414

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I dont think you guys understand that Guy Laliberte isnt that wildly badCompared to the highstakes pros he doesnt stand a chance...but he could hold his ground

Its not like he's autoshoving every hand

These ****ty players will have the occasional run of cards and win a bunch of money

#13 soso1111

soso1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I understand but their play is in the another level of what you would think when it comes to reading the opponents playing style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users