#1 Jahjimmy

Jahjimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

I just played a hand and im pretty mad at myself, so i need to hear from u guys if im the biggest donk ever.

its NL25 and effective stack for this pot 32E.

Im UTG with AJ, and this time i limp. I verry seldom do limp here with a strong hand like that, but this time i do.

1 caller, flopp A54, i bet 0,75E he calls.

Turn A => A54A, i check hoping he would bet, but he checks aswell.

River is 9. I check again, and he moves allin.

Im thinking AK AQ he would have raised preflopp and reraised me on the flopp. So im putting him on A5 A¤ kind of hand. I tank, and then calls with 2 seconds left on the ****. He turns over A5 for a boat.

I had only put 1E in and still called, so bad i think..

Go ahed and flame my bad call. However dont flame just because its lowstakes. I need to hear good thoughts. not just f**** u f***** microfish.

Jimmy
All ins, are overrated!!

#2 alkent81

alkent81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I dont like ur limp. Couse ur limp in that position means to the other players a hand like A10 JK smth like that.
I think at least a min raise should me better. Ur check on the turn is classic in that stakes.
ppl that play bigger stakes think much more different. A continuation bet on turn and river and probable fold after the reraise all in.(But u dont have say what is the stack of the oponent) becouse the pot was very small untill the river.

#3 Jahjimmy

Jahjimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

alkent81 (2012-11-23) I dont like ur limp. Couse ur limp in that position means to the other players a hand like A10 JK smth like that.
I think at least a min raise should me better. Ur check on the turn is classic in that stakes.
ppl that play bigger stakes think much more different. A continuation bet on turn and river and probable fold after the reraise all in.(But u dont have say what is the stack of the oponent) becouse the pot was very small untill the river.

I said effective stack is 32E, which means that nobody can win more then 32E and he moves allin for atleast the remaining of 32E.

he had 32E i had 40isch.

Yes, the limp is what gets me in trouble. And if he reraise me on that turn i would probably have shoved.

What makes this bad, and obvious, is his big allin compared to the pot.

Thanks for ur reply tho.
All ins, are overrated!!

#4 Kul bob

Kul bob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Jahjimmy (2012-11-23) Hi,

I just played a hand and im pretty mad at myself, so i need to hear from u guys if im the biggest donk ever.

its NL25 and effective stack for this pot 32E.

Im UTG with AJ, and this time i limp. I verry seldom do limp here with a strong hand like that, but this time i do.

1 caller, flopp A54, i bet 0,75E he calls.

Turn A => A54A, i check hoping he would bet, but he checks aswell.

River is 9. I check again, and he moves allin.

Im thinking AK AQ he would have raised preflopp and reraised me on the flopp. So im putting him on A5 A¤ kind of hand. I tank, and then calls with 2 seconds left on the ****. He turns over A5 for a boat.

I had only put 1E in and still called, so bad i think..

Go ahed and flame my bad call. However dont flame just because its lowstakes. I need to hear good thoughts. not just f**** u f***** microfish.

Jimmy

limping utg sucks... full stop, go and raise you're hand for value until you get 3bet, even so if some1 has been 3 betting you allot maybe put in a 4bet.

#5 Echo_IRL

Echo_IRL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

So the other guy just shoved 30euro into a 2 quid pot with the virtual nuts? What site is this?

#6 mrbigpup

mrbigpup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Standard over shove he either for the nuts or nothing , in this spot because the bets so big i think he always got it, but u need 2 say a few things like how this guy been playing tight loose bit of both etc , imo i fold , but limping with aj is a bad move in the 1st place .

#7 lofigr

lofigr

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I would put him on 99 after river and his ALL IN...U(I) call huge over bet only if u(I) know u(I) r(m) the best , not if you(I) think u(I) r(m) the best...
Why he bets so much?
What he has?
What would u have if u would do the same over bet like he does?
Is there any reward for hero calling his over bet? Pot is 2E, u call 25 E bet!?
I think AJ is not premium hand.
Chris Ferguson ( yes - that one) advices to fold AQ utg from time to time....
You could raise AJ preflop, he would call you with 99, A5(s), A9(s),55....
So , particularly in this hand it is not crucial whether you should have raised AJ utg or just limp by calling BB...
Crucial is your call on river.
And, for the end of this lovely story, I have one awesome vid for u, which u most likely missed.... This is what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHNhyB7NesE

#8 Mr...uk

Mr...uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

You must be beat in that spot 99 times from a hundred.

Try a few of these videos for lower level NL, there are better out there but ..

https://www.youtube.com/user/HigherLevelPoker?feature=watch

#9 Vaatdoek93

Vaatdoek93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Why call off that much in such a small pot.... No way that ever is +EV

#10 LostSam

LostSam

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Your hand isn't that much of a monster, though I'd definitely not be limping in that position. Raise or fold.

Also, I'd never have called the all-in at the end. If he wants those chips so badly that he'd go all in, then let him take them. What hands could you beat, beyond a wild bluff? He either had pockets that hit, or the full house he had. Players like that, the best thing to do is let them win the little pots... and eventually he'll shove all in when you're holding the nuts and you'll sack him for all his money, and all the money of yours he might have won by doing retarded things like that.

Had he bet the pot, I'd say maybe... maybe call. But not too many would bluff in that position. It's why AJ isn't a great hand, especially out of position, and more especially if you're just limping.

#11 Flex2125

Flex2125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

ya no way im calling 32$ when theres 2$ in the pot and i have trips..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users