3 replies to this topic

#1 McBain86

McBain86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Replay

I'd like some PLO experts to chime in on Illari's 300BB call PF with Q957ss. I mean, given the exact hands they flipped up, his call MIGHT be defensible, but how about the times they show up with JTQ9 or KQ9T or something like that? Isn't he dead in the water? I don't profess to be at all good at PLO, but surely this call can't be good in the long run. What do you all think?

#2 Haadlad

Haadlad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

certainly a high variance play, but i think he has 33% or more often enough. so i don't find it too spectacular

#3 CoolHand

CoolHand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Its def gambling, but if the 4 bet range he is against is strictly aaxx and kkxx, then his hand plays decent. What were effective stacks?

#4 NasseNøffff

NasseNøffff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

When people raise like Harrington and Barcode does here its almost for sure that at least one of them got AAxx so i would much more like to have Ilari's hand than Harrington in this situation, and think he should have let KKxx go preflop when Barcode made it like 57k or whatever he did.
Edit: Yeah well Ilari didnt really play it aggresively and Barcode was all in for his 57k-ish so all Harrington had to beat to atleast make some profit was Ilari, so that makes his play more logical, and probably standard considering the stacksizes, as he already had raised it up to 20k something before Barcode went all in for 30k 20-25k more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users