20 replies to this topic

#1 polarizng

polarizng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

i just noticed that alot of online players enjoy smoking pot as well i am also one of them players and although it weakens my awareness i find it helps my patience and makes the badbeats almost seem like they never happened my question is i wonder if any of the online pros get high throughout the grind of mtts? ive heard that lots do at the live tourneys.

#2 McBain86

McBain86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I agree with your assessment that although it weakens (a little bit) your awareness, it helps your patience. I believe that the increase in patience more than compensates for the slightly diminished awareness. I don't smoke anymore and am overall a much better and productive person because of it, but when I did, I was a much better poker player.

#3 4bet_bluff

4bet_bluff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

(2012-12-02) i just noticed that alot of online players enjoy smoking pot as well i am also one of them players and although it weakens my awareness i find it helps my patience and makes the badbeats almost seem like they never happened my question is i wonder if any of the online pros get high throughout the grind of mtts? ive heard that lots do at the live tourneys.

if you dont have a problem using drugs you should use adderall instead. it does all those thing plus strengthens your awareness, makes you not have the munchies and makes you stay awake for long periods instead of making you sleep for 12 hours.

#4 WELK

WELK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

(2012-12-02) i just noticed that alot of online players enjoy smoking pot as well i am also one of them players and although it weakens my awareness i find it helps my patience and makes the badbeats almost seem like they never happened my question is i wonder if any of the online pros get high throughout the grind of mtts? ive heard that lots do at the live tourneys.

1. how do u know that a lot of pros smoke pot???
2. i smoke some pot every now and then and it doesnt increase ur patience it just makes u lazy. i can tell u that playin stoned completely ruins my won w/o showdown results and as a LAGtard plo player that means u r ****ed

#5 awyeahh

awyeahh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

forget weed or adderall. just do cocaine you ****ing noobs.

#6 thatscrazzzy666

thatscrazzzy666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

[quote]4bet_bluff (2012-12-02) [quote] (2012-12-02) i just noticed that alot of online players enjoy smoking pot as well i am also one of them players and although it weakens my awareness i find it helps my patience and makes the badbeats almost seem like they never happened my question is i wonder if any of the online pros get high throughout the grind of mtts? ive heard that lots do at the live tourneys.[/quote]

if you dont have a problem using drugs you should use adderall instead. it does all those thing plus strengthens your awareness, makes you not have the munchies and makes you stay awake for long periods instead of making you sleep for 12 hours.[/quote

No you should not use Aderall, fkn idiot

#7 polarizng

polarizng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

need to go to the experts on this one ...anyone seen matusow around lately?

#8 ultimatefelt

ultimatefelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

There was a thread about this on twoplustwo a while back, and apparently, a lot of live pros tend to get high in their car before they play, and the general consensus was that it made their game worse overall. Getting into taking drugs to help your game can send you down a slippery slope. While smoking up recreationally or blowing off steam with your buddies by having some drinks is fine in moderation, both live and online players commonly take Xanax and Adderall, which if abused can become dangerous. Lastly would probably be street Meth, of which the consumption among players has died down considerably, for good reason.

#9 polarizng

polarizng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

i wonder which players? interesting i need to find this thread

#10 ultimatefelt

ultimatefelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

temp113322 (2012-12-02) i wonder which players? interesting i need to find this thread

I'd find it for you, but I'm IP banned. Try HSNL.

#11 ILUVTEDDYBEARS

ILUVTEDDYBEARS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

awyeahh (2012-12-02) forget weed or adderall. just do cocaine you ****ing noobs.

I like it loud !

#12 soso1111

soso1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

What about opiates anyone have experience playing poker and doing opiates?

#13 checkmate8

checkmate8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

lots of poker players smoke, yes. but it doesn't stop there - most of the US smokes pot. who cares?

#14 30nathanh

30nathanh

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

i don't use drugs but i use alcohol to fuking bluff at pros and amautures ....lmao. i start off with mickeys then i go play the for 3 hours and im already up 1k . i crush souls when i drunk.

#15 harakat

harakat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

polarizng (2012-12-02) need to go to the experts on this one ...anyone seen matusow around lately?

He will tell you same as many other pot is ok imo hashish is much better if you wana focus the problem is you gotta have enough to last for long period of time or else you WILL be distracted and fall into munchis and ****... about Matusow he will tell you at once coke is the **** haha as you see him dope'd up on coke half the tv time he s on air.
u got a problem with ur hand buddy...so sick

#16 garvey8

garvey8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

ketamine all the way, i've never had a losing session on ket. neighhhh!!

#17 onlyamonkey

onlyamonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Location@Onlyamonkey

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Anything is fine as long as you have balanced lifestyle. Problem is that if you take something, like adderal or that you're smoking pot before a sesh, you might find yourself in a spot where you force the drug into your routine so that it ends up with you feeling like: I need a hit before I play a sesh bc that's what I always do. And then, you're addicted. And it's helluva lot easier getting addicted than getting out of an addiction. Long term, smoking will have very negative results on your mental well being, since it's very easy for addictions to spiral, meaning it's easy to substitute a light addiction to a more heavy addiction, but it's not as easy going the other way.

#18 4bet_bluff

4bet_bluff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

[quote]thatscrazzzy666 (2012-12-02) [quote]4bet_bluff (2012-12-02) [quote] (2012-12-02) i just noticed that alot of online players enjoy smoking pot as well i am also one of them players and although it weakens my awareness i find it helps my patience and makes the badbeats almost seem like they never happened my question is i wonder if any of the online pros get high throughout the grind of mtts? ive heard that lots do at the live tourneys.[/quote]

if you dont have a problem using drugs you should use adderall instead. it does all those thing plus strengthens your awareness, makes you not have the munchies and makes you stay awake for long periods instead of making you sleep for 12 hours.[/quote

No you should not use Aderall, fkn idiot[/quote]

wow strong argument but just ffs you should expand cause some of us werent smart enough to read into your reasoning..

#19 Jahjimmy

Jahjimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

I smoked pot everyday for 12isch years, nowdays i smoke a couple of times a year at the most.

Can´t say it either helped or made my play worse tbh. What i do know is that im quicker of mind nowdays regarding doing math in my head and i remeber alot more hands and such from each session.

Go ahead and smoke if u like, somehow it will get u in trouble tho, it sure did for me.

No, opiates is never good for playing poker... or for life either...
All ins, are overrated!!

#20 subfocused

subfocused

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's pretty common knowledge that the Rio parking lot during the WSOP is just a big weed smoking lounge. Also many high stakes players readily admit to smoking. Although its more of an MTT thing than a cash game thing. I get aderall from my doctor and I absolutely think it helps with poker. As for the weed, online yes, live no haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users