http://www.boomplaye...3496_0A023D8B5E
i know... ill call myself isildur1.... thatll catch on

#2 helgimo

helgimo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

3 betting in second position utg raiser is very strong. His raise and call is very bad i think. You should continue betting always on the flop especially since you missed, you are pretty much only representing a top 5 hand there. What are you going to do if you miss on the turn and he bets out? Almost impossible to fold on the river though as the hand played out.

#3 aidobusto

aidobusto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

yeah looking back i seem weak post flop.... should have bet out for sure, and fold to a raise. i feel like he would have made the same bet on the river with a bluff also.

#4 NOOSEBLEEDS

NOOSEBLEEDS

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

my personally opinion is that you 3 bet to small, did not cbet .turnbet way to small when a flushdraw appears. if you can call 8400 more when the flushdraw hits on river why not bet 8400 more on turn?

villain probably fold to cbet here most of the times.

anyways its 4.40 tourney i dont mind 3 bet shove. or atleast make the 3 bet like 15000.

even if you pot it on the turn probably some villains are going to call you in this stake to chase flusdraws.

But atleast the villains make a misstake finding this calls.

#5 aidobusto

aidobusto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

ty for the replies....

#6 Dubnjoy000

Dubnjoy000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Everybody has covered the hand so far, but another option is since you seem to be in later stages of the tournament and might want to reduce variance, you can 3 bet slightly bigger in order to leave yourself a potsize cbet on the flop.

#7 aidobusto

aidobusto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

sorry i posted a reply earlier but it never came up. to summise i can see no cbet was wrong, my reasons were trying to not go broke with AK the turn was literally the worst card in the deck! I think UTG+2 there again i will shove with that stack unless i have info to suggest otherwise

#8 dark-apathy

dark-apathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

You need to always be cbetting the flop no matter what; based on your pre action. Then shooting yourself for not doing it. The scared money bet you made on turn was even worse. Based on what he was holiding shows hes a fish and plays bad so i'd check turn to induce bluff on river unless you see spade. The fact that you bet and he called shows you that hes chasing.

Anyway this was just played wrong and is a lesson learnt. I'm not trying to be harsh just the facts of poker. Punish those who play bad. You're three bet range looks so strong there not cbetting is just a little nitty.

#9 helgimo

helgimo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I agree with the post above that checking the king on turn would have been a smarter play even though its very tempting to protect your hand and get some value in from hands like J10 suited, AQ, KJ suited or something that he will call your turn bet with. The reason is he will probably put you on JJ or 1010 which might explain why you were scared on the flop and he will bluff on the river with any cards that doesnt have that beat and he can easily represent the queen or king since you havent.
But as the hand played out i think the interesting part is on the river. I think he actually makes a mistake there and he should be going for all of your stack because he knows you have a monster. Either he shoves or checks to you. It would be interesting to know what you would have done under those circumstances. Would you call a shove? Would you valuebet river if he checks?

Good luck.

#10 aidobusto

aidobusto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

dont know if i am good enough to fold the all in.... honestly, i would get it hard.... i would deffo check behind. like everyone your mood at the time is a factor, possibly a leak too, somedays i can snap fold when the flush gets there.... if i did it correct all the time, i would need no advice!!!

#11 BoLLeD919

BoLLeD919

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Guy capable of raising 3x UTG with A8s is probably stupid enough to bluff river/valuebet with worse imo.
Not folding.

#12 temp112233

temp112233

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

NOOSEBLEEDS (2012-12-29) my personally opinion is that you 3 bet to small, did not cbet .turnbet way to small when a flushdraw appears. if you can call 8400 more when the flushdraw hits on river why not bet 8400 more on turn?

villain probably fold to cbet here most of the times.

anyways its 4.40 tourney i dont mind 3 bet shove. or atleast make the 3 bet like 15000.

even if you pot it on the turn probably some villains are going to call you in this stake to chase flusdraws.

But atleast the villains make a misstake finding this calls.

In this spot and without any reads on other players its a insta-shove at any buy-in imo. There are already almost 8k in the middle, so u can really live with taking it down right here. Anyway, if u dont want to shove the size of the 3-bet is ok for me. Making it 15k will commit u sooo much to the pot + you cant induce a 4-bet bluff of villain.

But like everyone said already, IF u 3-bet small its just for showing more strength and u HAVE to conti-bet the flop!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users