16 replies to this topic

#1 gamera

gamera

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I predict a big year for him. He is the steadiest of them all at PLO in my opinion. The bigger games with the relaunch of FT will be a big chance for him. Was he the biggest winner last year on Stars at PLO? I know Sauce won the most overall but a certain amount of that was at NLH, I think Jens was the biggest PLO winner. I consider him the most mathematical and solid of them all, most equipped to deal with swings, both psychologically and strategy wise. When the dust settles at the end of the year I expect him to show 3 to 5 mill in profit.

Hell of a player.

#2 gamera

gamera

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Ah ok Sauce won 3.2 mil last year at PLO and Jens won 2.5 mil.

#3 HELLLOOO!

HELLLOOO!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I agree with everything you said gamera, but imo Galfond will be the biggest winner this year, just because he has a much higher bankroll and will afford to play any game during the year. I think if Jeans goes on a downswing, he will have to take a step back in stakes.

#4 thetipsyjoker

thetipsyjoker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Jens also bought himself into the $1Mil for One Drop and didn't cash, and he dropped $200k to fly to space. God only knows what else he has bought or how much he has left. But yeah, obviously a top notch player who will be around the high stakes scene for a while
I raise.

#5 HELLLOOO!

HELLLOOO!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

thetipsyjoker (2013-02-19) Jens also bought himself into the $1Mil for One Drop and didn't cash, and he dropped $200k to fly to space. God only knows what else he has bought or how much he has left. But yeah, obviously a top notch player who will be around the high stakes scene for a while

He had half of himself in the One Drop...

#6 maldin

maldin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

HELLLOOO! (2013-02-19) 

thetipsyjoker (2013-02-19) Jens also bought himself into the $1Mil for One Drop and didn't cash, and he dropped $200k to fly to space. God only knows what else he has bought or how much he has left. But yeah, obviously a top notch player who will be around the high stakes scene for a while

He will do very well, no doubt, but the biggest winner is going to be very luck based.

If Gus goes to one of those Gus runs of his, he might suddenly storm 5m upswing. Ilari has huge variance as well, can be down or up 3m in a matter of a month. Heater on isildur might bring down any actual pro who would be up huge otherwise. And the one isildur will distribute those winnings to will get 1-2m "for free".

It's really hard to say in advance, but you shouldn't forget PA and Ivey, I think they have the best chance of being the biggest winners of the year.

Both have deep bankrolls, both can play any game that is currently popular and both have +ev vs. more or less anyone except each others and couple of single game experts.

edit: PAs advantage though is that he seems to be getting games more than Ivey who mostly has to play only ring. That might change rapidly though if PA starts owning as he most likely will.

#7 thetipsyjoker

thetipsyjoker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

maldin (2013-02-19) 

HELLLOOO! (2013-02-19) 

He will do very well, no doubt, but the biggest winner is going to be very luck based.

If Gus goes to one of those Gus runs of his, he might suddenly storm 5m upswing. Ilari has huge variance as well, can be down or up 3m in a matter of a month. Heater on isildur might bring down any actual pro who would be up huge otherwise. And the one isildur will distribute those winnings to will get 1-2m "for free".

It's really hard to say in advance, but you shouldn't forget PA and Ivey, I think they have the best chance of being the biggest winners of the year.

Both have deep bankrolls, both can play any game that is currently popular and both have +ev vs. more or less anyone except each others and couple of single game experts.

edit: PAs advantage though is that he seems to be getting games more than Ivey who mostly has to play only ring. That might change rapidly though if PA starts owning as he most likely will.

Ivey seems to be on a small downswing and his stop-loss strategy seems a bit looser these days. We always just expect him and PA to win, but we forget that they are real people with real lives that maybe go on tilt every once in a while like the rest of us. From what I've heard or read from high stakes players, Ivey and PA have brains that resemble computers and have the poise under pressure of someone like Tiger Woods. So they will probably be fine.

Biggest winner of the year online? PA would be a good choice. From 2013 and into the future the biggest winner will likely always be a mixed game player, so there are only a few people that can even be considered. I'd bet on Galfond if he puts in enough hours, but will be rooting for Durrr, Blom and Illari
I raise.

#8 thetipsyjoker

thetipsyjoker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

maldin (2013-02-19) 

HELLLOOO! (2013-02-19) 

Ivey seems to be on a small downswing and his stop-loss strategy seems a bit looser these days. We always just expect him and PA to win, but we forget that they are real people with real lives that maybe go on tilt every once in a while like the rest of us. From what I've heard or read from high stakes players, Ivey and PA have brains that resemble computers and have the poise under pressure of someone like Tiger Woods. So they will probably be fine.

Biggest winner of the year online? PA would be a good choice. From 2013 and into the future the biggest winner will likely always be a mixed game player, so there are only a few people that can even be considered. I'd bet on Galfond if he puts in enough hours, but will be rooting for Durrr, Blom and Illari
I raise.

#9 SOepic1

SOepic1

Grand master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

re-donk-raise-fold (2013-02-19) jens is a nit and bumhunter - just a better one

have u ever seen him playing REALLY tough game? regardless of stakes?

and no, cap plo isnt non cap players isnt a tough game, even when its isildur and ivey

he may bumhunt some patpatmans games and if he gets lucky, hes gonna win big. thats all

gl to him

I think there is a difference between game-selection and being a bumhunter... I don't really think I'd classify jens as a bumhunter.

#10 Superfishi

Superfishi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

No doubt Jens is one of the best players. But in my opinion he isn't a fun player to watch. He just doesn't bring any action to the game..

#11 SaveTheCod

SaveTheCod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

and no, cap plo isnt non cap players isnt a tough game, even when its isildur and ivey

he may bumhunt some patpatmans games and if he gets lucky, hes gonna win big. thats all

gl to him

Yeah, he's such a bumhunter. Even now he's playing 250/500 deep PLO with antes against Sauce, Ziggy, trex, Patrik and Galfond. Everyone knows those guys can't play. Such a weak competition. No wonder he ain't even short stacking.

#12 I Be Bluffin 20

I Be Bluffin 20

Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

SaveTheCod (2013-02-20) 

gl to him

Yeah, he's such a bumhunter. Even now he's playing 250/500 deep PLO with antes against Sauce, Ziggy, trex, Patrik and Galfond. Everyone knows those guys can't play. Such a weak competition. No wonder he ain't even short stacking.

no he is playing patpatpanda and isildur two players who he thinks he has an edge over in 6max plo. just so happens that trex omg and sauce are at the table too

#13 SaveTheCod

SaveTheCod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I Be Bluffin 20 (2013-02-20) 

SaveTheCod (2013-02-20) 

gl to him

no he is playing patpatpanda and isildur two players who he thinks he has an edge over in 6max plo. just so happens that trex omg and sauce are at the table too

He left a table where patpatpanda was, and stayed in the table where's Sauce, trex, Patrik and Galfond. No Isildur nor patpat in that one.

#14 SaveTheCod

SaveTheCod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Must be doing reverse bumhunting. :P

#15 HelmutCool

HelmutCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Jens doesn`t so much pick his opponents. He plays pretty much anyone, but he wants 4+ players, then he doesn`t really care who they are. Especially overaggressive guys overplay so bad 4way tables he usually has an edge.

#16 LMW87

LMW87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

HELLLOOO! (2013-02-19)He had half of himself in the One Drop...

It is common knowledge that he had 100% of himself

#17 gamera

gamera

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Jens Kyllonen is a bumhunter?

Seriously, just STFU and pay attention to what is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users