Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If You Seen Sallywoo In Person, He Would Look Like...

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

a big fat over-fed chicken.  Bawwwk bawwwwwk bawwwwwwwwwwwk.  Opted out of the long-term cash-game tracking. 

I think something weird is happening with Sally.  He is a hacker?  Why wouldn't he want his winning record shown?  Maybe because he is a scamming cheater?

REYMARTZ and bludgeeldeshy like this

Posted · Report post

Or he's a winner that doesn't want to scare off a prospective fish with his results?  But yeah, the hacker bit makes more sense.

RunAwesome likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol close thread plz mods.and plz ban OP

Umm  yah, don't be an idiot davidma.

Posted · Report post

Hey cottonseed, what does sallywoo look like? 

Posted · Report post

In all fairness SallyWoo is a whiny little bitch that complained his roll isn't nearly as big as Gus' roll when in actuality he should be thankful he can win large sums at a limit omaha hi low game. Funny to watch them play. You just see them insta betting and insta calling 90% of the time. Tons of skill neccesary.

Posted · Report post

What ever happened to SallyWoo experiment with PLO? Oh right, he's terrible at that game, and probably any non limit game, because those games actually require a great deal of thinking and skill.

lion_king82 likes this

Posted · Report post

Umm  yah, don't be an idiot davidma.

It cant be helped his mam dropped him on his head as a baby :/

adelitta1 likes this

Posted · Report post

What ever happened to SallyWoo experiment with PLO? Oh right, he's terrible at that game, and probably any non limit game, because those games actually require a great deal of thinking and skill.

I find these posts a little bit ridiculous. Obviously he's an extremely talented poker player - you don't just "appear" at the $2k/$4k games without being good enough to have built up a decent roll (unless you're rich already, which this player wasn't).

Also find it a little naive that you think there is no skill in this game. It's like saying there's no skill in Limit Hold'em, as by and large you see very similar patterns in LHE to FLO8.

Also, SallyWoo was pretty decent at PLO, he had a few big winning sessions against Phil Galfond in long sessions - that's not too shabby a feat.

Obviously it's a little annoying that he's opted out and rarely plays anything other than FLO8, but to deny he is a "thinking" poker player is just so wrong.

Stridbar likes this

Posted · Report post

a big fat over-fed chicken.  Bawwwk bawwwwwk bawwwwwwwwwwwk.  Opted out of the long-term cash-game tracking. 

I think something weird is happening with Sally.  He is a hacker?  Why wouldn't he want his winning record shown?  Maybe because he is a scamming cheater?

ah the old HSDB tradition of accusing people of cheating based on absolutely nothing.

There are many legitimate reasons to not want people to know you've made a lot of money recently.

Posted · Report post

Is that really a photo of sallywoo?

that kid made out with a supermodel on national tv hes a str8 pimp

Posted · Report post

I never said FLO8 requires "No skill". I said PLO requires a great deal of thinking and skill. FLO8 requires skill, but in comparison to PLO, it requires significantly less. I am not going to sit here and explain what kind of decisions you have to make on onevery street, but with a paragraph for each street, I could. Worst case scenario in FLO8 you are at the river thinking whether to call to chop, or in a high only situation if your hand is good. All you have to call is 1 big bet to see whether you are right are wrong. As long as you understand the fundementals and don't play like a maniac, most of the time you won't get crushed. FLO8 requires discipline and run good (scoops). Good luck trying to explain PLO that easily or at all (good luck just understanding it and applying it to your own game)

Yes this also applies to LHE, hence one the reasons he game has died.

Yes SallyWoo is a thinking player, congrats to him on that. He would fail miserably at PLO if he played daily. He would be put to decisions by PLO guys for large amounts of money rather than 1 big bet in a FLO8 game.

I guaruntee he figured that out after a few short sessions and stopped playing. He knew he was outclassed.

He is probably some succesful LHE or NLHE player from 5-10 years ago when any reasonably smart person could beat high limits of poker with a good knowledge of the game. Now the only game he can play is FLO8 against rich gamblers like Gus to win large amounts of money. Case and point.

Posted · Report post

IMO he deserves a little more respect than 0Human0, St1ckman, and Pimpylimpy. Who are 3 of the biggest bumhunters online. These 3 guys are scum and won't play in a game full of regs if their life depended on it. Meanwhile you have SallyWoo who won't play HU FLO8 against anyone except Gus and Viktor. Congratulations Sallywoo, you are a pretty good limit FLO8 player, but you will only play Gus and Viktor, which makes you a complete joke who deserves very little respect.

Posted · Report post

Wow bananas, it must be nice to be in the privileged position to feel you can make judgements on high stakes pros, and decide who is scum and who is worthy. I guess you've put the same level of effort into your game which has enable you to "bumhunt", but I guess you choose not to?

Also this statement "Meanwhile you have SallyWoo who won't play HU FLO8 against anyone except Gus and Viktor", is just total bs.

It would be far more accurate to say that SallyWoo will play anyone except KPR16 and cottonseed1, as they are all friends and have all said this is why they won't play each othere.

I've seen him play Ivey and Antonius also. The problem he has is that virtually nobody else plays as high as he does. A bumhunter sits at tables and sits out as soon as decent competition shows up. The only time I've ever seen SallyWoo sit out of a game is when it becomes three handed, as he only wants to play heads-up.

I think the fact that when he did play some PLO that he played against the best PLO players shows you that one thing he isn't is a bumhunter. Obviously it's pretty tedious for the rail that he pretty much exclusively plays FLO8, but well, who are we to complain?

The way you explain how a few years ago "any reasonably smart person could beat high limits of poker with a good knowledge of the game" is again, not quite accurate is it? Yes the game may be more "solveable" than NLHE or PLO, but it's not like "any smart person with a good knowledge of poker" graduated to high stakes is it? You still found thousands of people playing low/mid stakes on a daily basis. It still takes an elite player to make it to the highest stakes in limit poker you know?

I can guarantee you that SallyWoo isn't viewed as "a complete joke who deserves very little respect". He's no Antonius or Galfond for sure but he is a master of his chosen game, and for that. he deserves a lot more respect than you seem willing to credit him with.

palanga and adelitta1 like this

Posted · Report post

I guess you are referring to the *winning* players that played low/mid stakes during those times. Well there are many reasons they did not play the high stakes. You seem to impy that they didn't play the high stakes because they couldn't win at them. If you talk to any "pro" who played high stakes over 5 years ago, they will tell you, straight up, that it was so amazingly easy to be profitable that a losing player in mid stakes today could of won without a doubt. It did not take an elite player to make it to the highest stakes back then, it took a player who gained an understanding of how to play the correct hands and take advantage of their opponents to win. Therefore I believe that had you had the money or any losing player today with a decent knowledge of the game had the money to play high stakes back then, you or they would win. If you disagree, go ask people who played on party poker pre 2008 and ask them how soft the games were at high stakes.

I just wish I had played online poker back then. Then I could have a few milly in the bank to sit at HU FLO8 playing 2k/4k against Gus and Viktor and be considered "elite".

Have SallyWoo play me at mid stakes FLO8 and i'll show you how easy the game is.

I said what I viewed him as and what I believe he should be viewed as. I never said what I think others view him as.

I also know very little about him or his habits. I only ever see him playing Gus though which tells me one thing. He likes to play against the big gambler guy that is one of the biggest losers all time online. Also the one time I happened to be railing him, he complained in chat to Gus about having a very small bankroll compared to Gus. These two things combined lead me to my views on him.

Posted · Report post

And of course if I see a fish I will join the table as fast as possible. However I battle it out against the low/mid stakes PLO regs everyday. I invite you to come rail me on Ipoker. PM me for my screename and time that I will be playing if you wish.

Posted · Report post

I guess you are referring to the *winning* players that played low/mid stakes during those times. Well there are many reasons they did not play the high stakes. You seem to impy that they didn't play the high stakes because they couldn't win at them. If you talk to any "pro" who played high stakes over 5 years ago, they will tell you, straight up, that it was so amazingly easy to be profitable that a losing player in mid stakes today could of won without a doubt. It did not take an elite player to make it to the highest stakes back then, it took a player who gained an understanding of how to play the correct hands and take advantage of their opponents to win. Therefore I believe that had you had the money or any losing player today with a decent knowledge of the game had the money to play high stakes back then, you or they would win. If you disagree, go ask people who played on party poker pre 2008 and ask them how soft the games were at high stakes.

I just wish I had played online poker back then. Then I could have a few milly in the bank to sit at HU FLO8 playing 2k/4k against Gus and Viktor and be considered "elite".

Have SallyWoo play me at mid stakes FLO8 and i'll show you how easy the game is.

I said what I viewed him as and what I believe he should be viewed as. I never said what I think others view him as.

I also know very little about him or his habits. I only ever see him playing Gus though which tells me one thing. He likes to play against the big gambler guy that is one of the biggest losers all time online. Also the one time I happened to be railing him, he complained in chat to Gus about having a very small bankroll compared to Gus. These two things combined lead me to my views on him.

Well, ok, you're entitled to your views obviously. And yes, of course poker was easier a few years ago. I still think you're making it sound a LOT easier than it was!

There were plenty of very good players around a few years ago, but not all of them have "a few milly in the bank" or anything like it. The understanding of those games has improved, it has evolved, but the good players have also evolved, in fact, many of the guys who were high stakes limit winners back in the day are the one WHO evolved the game.

I still feel it's a massive injustice to the skills of these players to suggest that in reality, they aren't that good. If it was that easy there would be a bigger player pool lining up to take on Gus etc at $2k/$4k FLO8. The player pool is in single figures.

I'd go so far as to say that the softest games pre-2007/8 were actually the big bet games. Limit has always been a game of small edges, No Limit and PLO used to have huge edges, especially back in the day. It's those games where the edges have now been reduced, way more than the limit games, who's edges were always very subtle to begin with.

Sure he plays Gus a lot, but then Gus is one of the only guys who will play him. That's the reality, not that he's a "bumhunter". I'll take this back if I see him sit out at any heads-up FLO8 game without playing.

Posted · Report post

Idk wtf some ppl are talking about here, but sallywoo is an absolute beast.I had the pleasure to be introduced to him at wsop 2012(very shortly tho,so I just know that hes first name is craig and we talked about 1 stud high hand,thats it)..so no,no bragging.

But he was one of the first LHE Hu players and played Ivey aswell, Im actually pretty sure that he would play nearly everybody except the others dont play him either.And yeah,obv. it was easier back then but tbh honest I started end of 06 and I sucked ass until I found trainingsites, so thats why many People can say now they would have beaten the game sback then.of course you would have because you got the information silverspooned, just as I did.

Anyway..he seemed like a nice dude, older than I expected a bit.there is a picture of all the former lhe HU guys in richard brody's(quietlion) blog if someone cares to look it up.

Only "negative"  I can say that People,at least on stars dont like him, altho I never found out why..like if hes too good,running good or buttonstealing etc.  (chung ho)

Posted · Report post

So Sallywoo doesnt look like Jimmy Fricke. Good looking guy with a ton o' cash. I'm sure he does alright with the ladies.