Start ยป Forum

Photo

If You Seen Sallywoo In Person, He Would Look Like...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Pokerbananas

Pokerbananas

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

And of course if I see a fish I will join the table as fast as possible. However I battle it out against the low/mid stakes PLO regs everyday. I invite you to come rail me on Ipoker. PM me for my screename and time that I will be playing if you wish.

#22 Joytoys

Joytoys

Lead Nozzlepop

• Moderators
  • 4034 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

I guess you are referring to the *winning* players that played low/mid stakes during those times. Well there are many reasons they did not play the high stakes. You seem to impy that they didn't play the high stakes because they couldn't win at them. If you talk to any "pro" who played high stakes over 5 years ago, they will tell you, straight up, that it was so amazingly easy to be profitable that a losing player in mid stakes today could of won without a doubt. It did not take an elite player to make it to the highest stakes back then, it took a player who gained an understanding of how to play the correct hands and take advantage of their opponents to win. Therefore I believe that had you had the money or any losing player today with a decent knowledge of the game had the money to play high stakes back then, you or they would win. If you disagree, go ask people who played on party poker pre 2008 and ask them how soft the games were at high stakes.

I just wish I had played online poker back then. Then I could have a few milly in the bank to sit at HU FLO8 playing 2k/4k against Gus and Viktor and be considered "elite".

Have SallyWoo play me at mid stakes FLO8 and i'll show you how easy the game is.

I said what I viewed him as and what I believe he should be viewed as. I never said what I think others view him as.

I also know very little about him or his habits. I only ever see him playing Gus though which tells me one thing. He likes to play against the big gambler guy that is one of the biggest losers all time online. Also the one time I happened to be railing him, he complained in chat to Gus about having a very small bankroll compared to Gus. These two things combined lead me to my views on him.

Well, ok, you're entitled to your views obviously. And yes, of course poker was easier a few years ago. I still think you're making it sound a LOT easier than it was!

There were plenty of very good players around a few years ago, but not all of them have "a few milly in the bank" or anything like it. The understanding of those games has improved, it has evolved, but the good players have also evolved, in fact, many of the guys who were high stakes limit winners back in the day are the one WHO evolved the game.

I still feel it's a massive injustice to the skills of these players to suggest that in reality, they aren't that good. If it was that easy there would be a bigger player pool lining up to take on Gus etc at $2k/$4k FLO8. The player pool is in single figures.

I'd go so far as to say that the softest games pre-2007/8 were actually the big bet games. Limit has always been a game of small edges, No Limit and PLO used to have huge edges, especially back in the day. It's those games where the edges have now been reduced, way more than the limit games, who's edges were always very subtle to begin with.

Sure he plays Gus a lot, but then Gus is one of the only guys who will play him. That's the reality, not that he's a "bumhunter". I'll take this back if I see him sit out at any heads-up FLO8 game without playing.

#23 schusch

schusch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Idk wtf some ppl are talking about here, but sallywoo is an absolute beast.I had the pleasure to be introduced to him at wsop 2012(very shortly tho,so I just know that hes first name is craig and we talked about 1 stud high hand,thats it)..so no,no bragging.

But he was one of the first LHE Hu players and played Ivey aswell, Im actually pretty sure that he would play nearly everybody except the others dont play him either.And yeah,obv. it was easier back then but tbh honest I started end of 06 and I sucked ass until I found trainingsites, so thats why many People can say now they would have beaten the game sback then.of course you would have because you got the information silverspooned, just as I did.

Anyway..he seemed like a nice dude, older than I expected a bit.there is a picture of all the former lhe HU guys in richard brody's(quietlion) blog if someone cares to look it up.

Only "negative"  I can say that People,at least on stars dont like him, altho I never found out why..like if hes too good,running good or buttonstealing etc.  (chung ho)

#24 palanga

palanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

http://forumserver.t...472/index6.html

#25 palanga

palanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

ladies and gentlemen, We got him  (quote)

#26 xVERUSx

xVERUSx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

So Sallywoo doesnt look like Jimmy Fricke. Good looking guy with a ton o' cash. I'm sure he does alright with the ladies. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users