"RaiseOnce" is rumored to be Phil Ivey, most possibly the world's best all around poker player. The player behind the screen name has several similarities with Ivey when it comes to online poker:
- RaiseOnce plays several formats of poker at the highest stakes, but relatively few tables simultaneously and have the discipline to quit in time when losing.
- When it comes to tournaments, they don't play that many, but when they do, they choose the biggest ones. (RaiseOnce won the PokerStars WCOOP $25K NLHE heads-up event in 2010, took down $348K but remained anonymous.)
- The account is based in Mexico, where Phil Ivey is known to have a house.
- This screenshot of the two, getting disconnected and reconnected at the exact same time, according to posters on twoplustwo.
- Very few players are willing to play against him.
Poker legend makes six-figures at 2-7 Triple Draw May 11, 2015
In an unusual occurrence, the two biggest winners at the nosebleeds over the past 24 hours are also the two biggest losers over the same timeframe. January 10, 2015
After some big highs and lows over the past couple of months over at Full Tilt, Phil Ivey was yesterday's biggest winner after a successful day at the high stakes tables of PokerStars, where he plays ... December 18, 2014