BetOnline Add Boost Bad Beat to Huge Online Offering

Following on from the BetOnline announcement of a newly-revamped MTT schedule, a look behind the everyday poker offering from the US-facing site seems in order…

By: Andrew Burnett

With a decade and a half of experience in the online poker market, BetOnline have all the bases covered, with Steps, Flips and Jackpot SNG’s, their BOOST Bad Beat Jackpot and the exciting new Six-plus Hold’em variant that has taken the poker world by storm this past year or so.

Let’s start with a detailed look at the three versions of Sit & Go tournaments on offer:

STEPS SNG’s

These are designed to allow players of all bankrolls to fight their way to the biggest prizes, kicking off with $1.50 buy-ins and working their way up to $200 biggies.

With $1000 as the top prize, players can either ladder up from the very first rung, or dive in at any level they feel comfortable with – tournaments running as 6-max and across 8 different levels.

You have the option of buying in directly with cash, or using Step Tickets or BetOnline’s Tournament Money (TM), and here’s how the prizes look in an easy-to-follow table.

  Buy-In 1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place 4th Place
Step 1 $1.50 Step 2 Step 2 - -
Step 2 $3.50 Step 3 Step 3 Step 2 Step 1
Step 3 $7 Step 4 Step 4 Step 3 Step 1
Step 4 $15 Step 5 Step 5 Step 4 Step 3
Step 5 $30 Step 6 Step 6 Step 5 Step 4
Step 6 $60 Step 7 Step 7 Step 6 Step 6
Step 7 $100 Step 8 Step 8 Step 7 Step 6
Step 8 $200 $1,000 $122 - -

Jackpot SNG’s

These 3-player Hyper Turbo tournaments actually offer you two ways to win massive cash prizes, and that could be 5000x your buy-in, or a chunk of the Progressive Jackpot.

If you hit the top payout at the $30 buy-in, that’s a life-changing $150,000, and for the progressive Jackpot you’re looking at a share of 85% of whatever it stands at, the other 15% used to seed the next jackpot.

Again, here’s an easy chart for you to keep things simple:

BUY-INS

  $3 $6 $15 $30
MAX PRIZE $15,000 $30,000 $75,000 $150,000
JACKPOT PRIZE 85% of Jackpot 85% of Jackpot 85% of Jackpot 85% of Jackpot

FLIP SNG’s

This format is one for the true gamblers out there, one where you are all-in every hand until a winner is crowned! Buy-ins run at $3, $5 or $10 and you’re looking at anywhere from 1.5x to 1,000x your investment if you win. No skill involved, but bags of fun and a great way to break up your normal day’s play.

Six Plus Hold’em

There will be very few poker players yet to hear of this exciting 36-card variant of the game, where all the 2,3, 4 and 5 cards are removed, making every hand a playable one and huge clashes inevitable.

There are one or two rule changes you need to know, aces counting low as usual, but in Six Plus that makes A-6-7-8-9 the low straight.

The biggest change is that a flush now beats a full house – with 4 cards of each suit removed it makes a flush much harder to hit – and 3 of a kind beats the straight now too.

Apart from that, you’re good to go as normal, and the game is a firm favourite of the highstakes, highroller crew - BetOnline recently introducing it to their cash game offerings.

Speaking of which…

Boost Bad Beat Jackpot

BetOnline’s popular BOOST cash tables now boast a Bad Beat Jackpot to go with the action-packed Fast Fold option rolled out previously.

Bad Beat’s come in all shapes and forms, but for the Jackpot to be triggered you need any Aces full (AAA-XX) or better to get cracked by a higher-ranking hand.

When that happens, the whole table wins, and here’s the breakdown of who gets what:

  • Winner of Bad Beat (Losing Hand) 40%
  • Winner of the Hand 20%
  • Players at the table where the BBJ was triggered: 15%
  • Players playing on Bad Beat Boost tables: 10%
  • Reseed value: 15%

The house doesn’t take a cent of the money, but they have thrown $1000 into the pot to get things started, and the progressive jackpot grow by 2c from every $1 pot paid (max. 10c per pot).

That’s probably enough to be getting on with just now, BetOnline covering all the bases and offering up a great mix for tournament and cash game players alike, across the board of bankrolls and player preferences.

You can check the site out for yourself here and good luck at the tables!

Share

Other Poker news

Leave a Reply


To post comments you need to Login or register your free HighstakesDB account.

Comments

No comments have been posted yet.